Gibson Brands Forums

Song Association Game

Notes_Norton

Yes darling67, Brown Eyed Girl is overplayed, Van did write better songs (and worse ones too) but I don't mind playing it at all. Some songs just work. I mix the overplayed with underplayed and since I've been a pro musician for decades, I think that works.

Besides, it sure beats sitting in an office or climbing telephone poles for a living.

Teenage Kicks - The Undertones

A Teenager In Love - Dion & the Belmonts

Young, Wild & Free - Wiz Khalifa , Snoop Dogg

4H

"All Right Now" - Free

note: I am going to be scarce around here for a couple of weeks. We got a new gig, which might turn out to be a steady one-day-per-week one, but I need to learn a dozen or so new "classic rock" songs.

Since I sequence my backing tracks myself, it means I have to learn the drum parts, bass parts, and the comp parts (piano, strings, brass etc.) and so on. And since we always leave the most fun parts for Leilani and I to play live (like solos and vocals) we have to learn them as well.

I have no idea which ones we are going to learn next (Jethro Tull comes to mind first) or how long it's going to take.

So don't worry about me, and hold down the fort, as soon as we get the project done, I'll be back.

"All Right Now" - Free

note: I am going to be scarce around here for a couple of weeks. We got a new gig, which might turn out to be a steady one-day-per-week one, but I need to learn a dozen or so new "classic rock" songs.

Since I sequence my backing tracks myself, it means I have to learn the drum parts, bass parts, and the comp parts (piano, strings, brass etc.) and so on. And since we always leave the most fun parts for Leilani and I to play live (like solos and vocals) we have to learn them as well.

I have no idea which ones we are going to learn next (Jethro Tull comes to mind first) or how long it's going to take.

So don't worry about me, and hold down the fort, as soon as we get the project done, I'll be back.

Best wishes, sure you'll nail it......

"Who's Sorry Now?" - Connie Francis

[laugh]

"I Just Died in Your Arms" - Cutting Crew

"Live And Let Die" - Paul McCartney & Wings

Sheet music should arrive tomorrow, mp3s purchased or CDs already owned, so I doubt if you'll hear from me for a while - this is going to have small moments of frustration and hours of fun. I like to use both the music and my ears to work up a new song. The more tools I have, the better the end product.

"Live And Let Die" - Paul McCartney & Wings

Sheet music should arrive tomorrow, mp3s purchased or CDs already owned, so I doubt if you'll hear from me for a while - this is going to have small moments of frustration and hours of fun. I like to use both the music and my ears to work up a new song. The more tools I have, the better the end product.

I'm Alive - The Hollies