Gibson Brands Forums

Finding Current Moderne Owner

DPT

Here's a question that I'm not sure how to resolve. Many, many years ago, I owned a couple of the 1980's release Modernes. Beautiful guitars, but I had to part ways with them back in the late 90's. On a recent storage room cleanup, I found one of the original Gibson shipping boxes. Before I just put it up for sale somewhere, I'd like to see if the current owner would be interested in purchasing it. Without all of the number, it's for serial # A09x. Anyone know how to resolve this, or if they can prove to be the current owner? Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

Unlike missing children, there is no National Registry Of Guitar Serial Numbers.  It is a nice gesture, but I sincerely doubt anyone can ever connect with a previous guitar beyond chance encounter at one of the big guitar shows.  That would be nice, you could buy it back!

rct

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DPT said:

Thanks for the responses. Could do without the .50 cent snark. If the owner is a collector, it might be beneficial to have the original box. Later. 

*(-.50) cents. [razz]

While I agree it is a nice gesture, I've never heard of anyone collecting shipping boxes, but I wish you luck trying to find the owner of the guitar.

• Like 1

I don't really collect shipping boxes, but they are so hard to find where I live, I don't ever throw them out either.

I keep them in a storage unit and stack them so that all you see when you open the door is the bottom panel of a bunch of guitar boxes. I think if I ever can't  make the storage payments some vulture is going to get to bid on my  "abandoned' storage. They will be pretty bummed when they find out that those Gibson, Suhr, Fender CS boxes are all empty! [wink]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dReit1 said:

I don't really collect shipping boxes, but they are so hard to find where I live, I don't ever throw them out either.

I keep them in a storage unit and stack them so that all you see when you open the door is the bottom panel of a bunch of guitar boxes. I think if I ever can't  make the storage payments some vulture is going to get to bid on my  "abandoned' storage. They will be pretty bummed when they find out that those Gibson, Suhr, Fender CS boxes are all empty! [wink]

If that day ever happens, I pray you're there with a camera! 😂

• Like 2