Gibson Brands Forums

P90 or Humbuckers?

Dallas

I own Reverse Gibson Firebird V from 2013 or thereabout. It's a great sounding Firebird.

Though, I think the older you can afford to buy the closer you'll get to the Firebird sound you hear on Records... Many were mid to late 60's Firebirds.. For me the Original or Reissue '65 Sunburst Reverse & Non Reverse Gibson Firebird VII's are at the top of my Want list.. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry for the late update. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the valuable input. Steve Ford gave me a few suggestions and was very helpful in narrowing down which year might be best for what I was looking for without having to take out a second mortgage. I ended up with a 2016 Firebird tribute. It is used, has a nick on the headstock, and a few scratches, but it is overall a beautiful guitar. I am attaching a few pics. The po had swapped out the pick guard for a black one (white pick guard was included as well) but left the toggle switch cap white. I have ordered the black cap as I think the guitar looks better with all black. Anyways thanks again guys, I truly appreciate  all the advice,  I am glad I waited for the mini humbuckers. 

Firebird1.jpg

Firebird2.jpg

Firebird3.jpg

• Like 2