Gibson Brands Forums

Monoprice 15w Tube Amp with 12" Celestion and Spring Reverb

mihcmac

On 2/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, mihcmac said:

My analog Chorus and Delay came in, running them through the effects loop.. Working good..

9nMra8U.jpg

That's great! I'm happy to hear they worked out well. I'm still wondering about installing a standby switch to extend tube life. I don't know how difficult it would be.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, Marky Forrest said:

Yes, I sent him an invite to join the thread. I've never done that before so I just sent him a PM.

The SR-15 does have an exact clone that Monoprice builds for the EU 220/230 people, the Harley Benton Tube 15

14810756_800.jpg14810761_800.jpg

There is also a very similar looking Laney LC15 1X10.

laney_lc15_1482580571_b46a3145.jpg

There are reports that the Laney LC15 and VC15 internally may be very similar to the SR-15..

Edited by mihcmac

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, Marky Forrest said:

Yes, I sent him an invite to join the thread. I've never done that before so I just sent him a PM.

I'd have to see a pic of the inside to tell if you could install a standby switch.  They make this 3 position switch, an "on-on-off" type, that you'd use to replace the existing switch.  The key is to figure out where to hook up the wires that are switched on and off by the standby function.  They'd be some red wires running to the output transformer.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/switch-carling-toggle-dpst-3-position-play-stdby

• Like 2

4 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

I'd have to see a pic of the inside to tell if you could install a standby switch.  They make this 3 position switch, an "on-on-off" type, that you'd use to replace the existing switch.  The key is to figure out where to hook up the wires that are switched on and off by the standby function.  They'd be some red wires running to the output transformer.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/switch-carling-toggle-dpst-3-position-play-stdby

The 1 watt button seems to power a different lead on the tubes, if that could be used in conjunction with disconnecting the speaker out signal or power amp in, might do the trick.

I have been using my amp on full 15w power setting for all volume levels and using the 1 watt setting for a kind of a standby, seems to work, but only time will tell if it extends my tube life longer. No problems so far.

Edited by mihcmac

5 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

This is a picture mihcmac shared with me:

SIppFiC.jpg

Yes, that is the earlier Stage Right 15 watt model with the control panel on the top surface of the cabinet.. Like in the Video below..

The current SR-15 has had several upgrades since the version in this video was released a few years ago..

The longer I have my SR-15 the more I love the sound and its ability to be easily tweaked for different situations.

Edited by mihcmac