Gibson Brands Forums

More Modern

Roxx

I have suggested before but have not heard back,  I would like to see the new Les Paul Moderns come with a back side belly cut out. I think a taper to fit more comfortable would be nice. I can't imagine any change in tone or sustain. they already have neck relief, which is a good thing. Just a little taper please. Make it a true modern version. Don't be afraid to make those improvements while claiming "MODERN". All the new changes are fine with me and I agree with them all. Just one more thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Who did you suggest it to Mark at Gibson? He's Director Of Brand Experience.

I believe you and I touched upon this and we decided that you were going to discuss this with Mark at your lunch meeting in February. What ever came out of that?

54 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

I believe you and I touched upon this and we decided that you were going to discuss this with Mark at your lunch meeting in February. What ever came out of that?

He suggested we go to a cheap motel. I told him I'm a high class guitar player and don't kiss on the first date.

10 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Well, we need him to look into to this ASAP. Setup a second date.

I already set up a second date. He's taking me to Ihop first. I might even let him touch me under the sweater.  On the first date he said most players like LP's in tasteful bursts with no weight relief. He said he might look into re-programming the CNC machine to accommodate the belly cut on the Modern's. If I show a little leg on the third date I'll bet it will seal the deal.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 2:33 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

On 3/11/2020 at 2:33 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I suggested the idea to Gibson USA. I don't know Mark. I am not in the loop.  I just play them. I'm happy with the Modern. I have owned several Les Paul's over the past 40 years. I was so happy with this new one, I just wanted it to be the very best and innovative guitar that has been introduced in years. I believe the modern is one of the best Les Paul's ever made. I know many people will disagree, but I really don't care much, because they will not ever be allowed to touch mine LOL  Belly cut, I'm getting fat !

10 minutes ago, Roxx said:

I suggested the idea to Gibson USA. I don't know Mark. I am not in the loop.  I just play them. I'm happy with the Modern. I have owned several Les Paul's over the past 40 years. I was so happy with this new one, I just wanted it to be the very best and innovative guitar that has been introduced in years. I believe the modern is one of the best Les Paul's ever made. I know many people will disagree, but I really don't care much, because they will not ever be allowed to touch mine LOL  Belly cut, I'm getting fat !

I don't know Mark either. I've owned 3 or 4 LP's. Here is the last one I owned. I bought the body and neck stripped and bought all the stuff I wanted and assembled it. The body and neck were from a 2014 Traditional Pro II.

http://I8zbgED.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I don't know Mark either. I've owned 3 or 4 LP's. Here is the last one I owned. I bought the body and neck stripped and bought all the stuff I wanted and assembled it. The body and neck were from a 2014 Traditional Pro II.

http://I8zbgED.jpg

That natural color looks good. Reminds me of a Les Paul Recording I once owned.  Mine was a deeper color, kind of reddish but the darker wood puts me in that mode.  I remember that guitar as a work of technology. I could ,every now and then, get her set to sound astonishing. I failed to capture everything that she could have sounded like. I was not qualified at the time to master that particular guitar.. Maybe I could get it on now.