Gibson Brands Forums

BFG Owners...

MadeInCanada

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, and I have a Les Paul BFG in trans red, and it is really noisy. I was wondering if this is an issue with all BFG's or it's just mine. It would also be helpful if someone told me what to do about it.

I also have an Epiphone G-400 custom and it doesn't make any noise at all.

Thanks in advance.

you weren't very descriptive with the problem but I have a hunch.

The BFG has a p90 in the neck pickup which is a single coil pickup. Single coil are known for 'humming'. The term "humbucker" comes from the fact that humbuckers 'buck the hum' or get rid of the noisy humming sound. This would also explain why the epiphone doesn't hum because it has humbuckers instead of any singlecoils.

This may or may not be the issue. Try being more descriptive and I may be able to further asses the problem.

I just added another reply in that thread. Nice to see another BFG fan. We are a small group, but we have a kick *** guitar in our hands. I have a Silverburst, Slimjimdom has a pretty sweet Bullion Burst and Traumatized has one with a great custom flame paint job. I can't think of anyone else who has one, but I'm sure there are a few more.

I think BFG's are great guitars. Obviously they aren't for everyone. Yours looks great MIC from the looks of your avatar. How about posting some pics so we can get a good look at er.

Sorry I can't be much help with your noise problem, mine is too quiet it's almost concerning.

I'm an owner as well, love mine - Trans Black. I actually had the GOW model and sold it just b/c I favored my original. I have thought about picking up another V and moding to be like a BFG. Time and money will tell...

Back to the question - it might be the kill switch wire, I know a few people have complained about it before on other forums.

• 2 months later...

Archived