Gibson Brands Forums

Which Capo to buy

eeh1

I have used the Kyser capo for some time and it works well / but I got a G7th for a Christmas gift and it works great / at first I did not like it as much with buzz on all but learned to ajust it right on the neck and I use it more now. Both are good!

I like the G7' date=' but truth be told, I prefer the much cheaper Planet Waves NS. Only the NS fits on baseball bat LG-2.[/quote']

+ a Gazillion on the Planet Waves NS. To me it's the best one available, hands down... And I've owned all of the usual suspects out there on the market.

+ a Gazillion on the Planet Waves NS. To me it's the best one available' date=' hands down... And I've owned all of the usual suspects out there on the market. [/quote']

The Planet waves NS vs the Victor:

Planet waves- rubber is soft and definitely dampens sound on any acoustic I've used it on.

Victor- harder rubber surfaces make for less damping- yet no damage to the instrument.

Planet waves- tension screw can unscrew completely and disappear. Mine did that in my pocket a few times.

Victor tension screw is a built in part, can't fall off, and it's a fast, worm gear type system making for easy adjustments.

Both are high quality, compact, reasonably priced and look good on your guitar.

I like the Victor better.

I have a Shubb Deluxe and a Planet Waves NS and like them both. I use the NS 99% of the time as I find it easy to use and like the worm gears ability to tensions the strings in minute stages. I have heard many good things about the Victor and I'm going to order one today. Life becomes more enjoyable the more capos one has, the more packages of strings one has piled up to try next, and the number of bridge pin materials one has in a gallon jar on one's shelf. Picks are a good thing also, thin, medium, heavy? Thumb picks, National or Dunlop, finger picks, National or Pro-Pik? Sheesh!! Hey, what's the best pizza you've ever had? lol

• 2 years later...

Archived