Gibson Brands Forums

2006 J-45 Legend - Time

duluthdan

Loaned my Legend to a friend down the road that makes his living as a touring musician.   Jackson Emmer - recognizedlby Rolling Stone as one of the best young songwriters out there, and I agree.  Lucky to live just up the road from him ad swap songs.  With the pandemic situation being what it is guys like Jackson are stuck at home, so I loaned him the Legend.   Sent me this recording today.

Edited by duluthdan
spelling

Really nice all round.  Can see why Rolling Stone ranked him so highly.  Great lyrics on a great, difficult subject.  Gets your undivided attention with the very first line. And - I really loved the J-45 tuned down a step.  That's how I keep my J45C Koa. Nice to hear a pro picking a slightly different variation.  of the fifty or so J45s out there, past and present. 

Hope  Sgt.Pepper drops by.   Next to Jennifer Aniston, he is  most  in love with discussions of J45s here on the Acoustic Forum. 

4 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Really nice all round.  Can see why Rolling Stone ranked him so highly.  Great lyrics on a great, difficult subject.  Gets your undivided attention with the very first line. And - I really loved the J-45 tuned down a step.  That's how I keep my J45C Koa. Nice to hear a pro picking a slightly different variation.  of the fifty or so J45s out there, past and present. 

Hope  Sgt.Pepper drops by.   Next to Jennifer Aniston, he is  most  in love with discussions of J45s here on the Acoustic Forum. 

Loved his line about the phone.  I can't keep up with all the J-45 models. I guess Martin does the same thing. I've always been a Standard model guy.  If Jen bought me a J-45 I would cherish it always. My wife bought me my 12'er that is as close as I'm gonna get to a woman buying me a guitar.

I play a J-45 every time I get the chance and every-time, it does nothing for me. I was In GC yesterday getting strings, but I was not in the mood to have the helpful clerks unlock the stuff I wanted to play. I think a J-45 was next to the Bird. I wanted to strum a Hummingbird and next to it was a HB Pro 12'er. And there was a Furchs (not sure if I spelled that right and a Martin 1937 D-28 Authentic, that was behind glass. I just wanted to strum it just one time. At 6k or so its gonna stay behind the glass. Aren't the authentic 1937 Martin D-28's the ones that were built in '37 not 2020.

No you don't have '37 Martin D-28. You have a 2020 built as best they can to '37 specs.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper