Gibson Brands Forums

Hurricane Laura

Mr. Gibson

50 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The storm surge doesn't care what your house is made of.  A few of my relatives lost their homes to hurricane Sandy.  Water is the most powerful force on the planet, and if you don't evacuate in time, nobody can come help you.   I hope people in those coastal areas are making arrangements to get out of there.  

Reminds me of my favorite Dilbert cartoon... Dilbert asks for approval to pay an invoice. Pointy hair boss tells Dilbert to send it out for bid and get 3 quotes.   Dilbert says  "That was then, this is now.  

I think the coastal residents would have had to leave yesterday, ghost of FLORIDA !  

23 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The storm surge doesn't care what your house is made of.  A few of my relatives lost their homes to hurricane Sandy.  Water is the most powerful force on the planet, and if you don't evacuate in time, nobody can come help you.   I hope people in those coastal areas are making arrangements to get out of there.  

That's why you don't want your house on low ground or on the coast. Mine is on the Florida Alps, 32' above sea level.