Gibson Brands Forums

What a talent and from such a talented Dad

Sgt. Pepper

On 10/21/2020 at 12:16 PM, ghost_of_fl said:

No "27 club" for you then. 😞

Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Robert Johnson, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse

Brian was a woman beater (according to Keefs book I read) and was just about to be booted from The Stones when he drowned, Hendrix was more than a damn fine player (the best though, come on its getting old hearing it, Richard Thompson is still alive and can play 5 peoples parts and get his nails done and still nail a killer solo to boot, all at the same time), Morrison was a drunk and womanizer, Johnson was a drinker and womanizer too, or else he wouldn't have been poisoned, Cobain was a junkie s-hit head who his life just got to tough being a rich rock star, but could write some okay lyrics, Janis was a lush too and apparently from one of the Grateful Dead docs I watch was a LOUD lay, I think that came form Bobby Weir's mouth, and Amy got involved with that one guy and started using and became a train-wreck.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

We all have opinions about people.  

Robert Christgau dismissed Zappa's music as "sexist adolescent drivel ... with meters and voicings and key changes that are as hard to play as they are easy to forget."

That is why he is a legend and Zappa had the talent and smarts to employ the people he did to get the results he required.

I was just listening to Zappa's '81 NYC Halloween Show.

51 minutes ago, Pinch said:

If the "voice of a generation" pens "a mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido", then that generation better find another voice. 

Everybody loves Hendrix though, me too. 

I do to, but a guy who hasn't and can't obviously play a note in the last 50 is not the best. No one is. Well Miley is pretty good when she sticks he tongue out of her mouth, and I'm sure she know where it goes.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Bob Dylan - Wiggle Wiggle 

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle all dressed in green
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle till the moon is blue
Wiggle till the moon sees you
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle in your boots and shoes
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, you got nothing to lose
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, like a swarm of bees
Wiggle on your hands and knees
Wiggle to the front, wiggle to the rear
Wiggle till you wiggle right out of here
Wiggle till it opens, wiggle till it shuts
Wiggle till it bites, wiggle till it cuts
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle, you can raise the dead
Wiggle till you're high, wiggle till you're higher
Wiggle till you vomit fire
Wiggle till it whispers, wiggle till it hums
Wiggle till it answers, wiggle till it comes
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like satin and silk
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a pail of milk
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, rattle and shake
Wiggle like a big fat snake

Mr. Zimmerman has come up with his share of "k" rap  over his long career.  Just try to listen to the album Self Portrait. You will wish you didn't.

47 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Bob Dylan - Wiggle Wiggle 

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle all dressed in green
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle till the moon is blue
Wiggle till the moon sees you
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle in your boots and shoes
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, you got nothing to lose
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, like a swarm of bees
Wiggle on your hands and knees
Wiggle to the front, wiggle to the rear
Wiggle till you wiggle right out of here
Wiggle till it opens, wiggle till it shuts
Wiggle till it bites, wiggle till it cuts
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle, you can raise the dead
Wiggle till you're high, wiggle till you're higher
Wiggle till you vomit fire
Wiggle till it whispers, wiggle till it hums
Wiggle till it answers, wiggle till it comes
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like satin and silk
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a pail of milk
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, rattle and shake
Wiggle like a big fat snake

I never liked Bob Dylan either 😉

18 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

If it weren't for Blonde on Blonde I don't think I could have lasted beyond 1966. But everything else he did didn't do anything for me.

Blonde On Blonde like so many double albums would have been better as a single LP.

Blood On The Tracks is essential listening.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

57 minutes ago, Fish Crumpet said:

Back to Miley:

I'm sure Ms. Cyrus possesses sufficient talent to excite the neurons within her followers' possibly arid brains. Furthermore, I might speculate that if I were fifty years younger, had my health back and a steady job I might feel the same way.

Perhaps not.

In any event, what was David Lynch thinking?

Not sure even he could he could come up with such a monster. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

The other girl is Noah Cyrus, Miley's sister.  Another "talent from such a talented dad".  

I don't recall the sister on stage rubbing her arse up against the Canadian singers junk live on stage, just Miley. You go girl. Go to about 4:20.

4 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

.... And John Lennon was literally caught in bed with Yoko Ono by his wife, Cynthia Lennon.   Your point Mr. Peeper?  

If you have read any of my post I have never said the Beatles were nice people. John was arse and slapped Cynthia across the face at a party once for dancing with another man. Ringo and his wife woke up in a hotel room one day in the 70's and there was blood all over the hotel room, and neither one know who's blood it was, as neither one had any cuts. George was a p-ussy hound and I am sure cheated on a wife or two. Paul smuggled weed into Japan in 1980 remember that. No rock stars are angels.  

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 10/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ah, she teaches in NC.

What is the starting pay for teachers in NC?
Teachers would receive a pay raise at the start of the school year, compared to the House budget, that stipulates raises starting in January 2020. Senate leadership indicated all teachers would receive a raise. The base pay for beginning teachers starts at $35,000, and the salary schedule would max out at $52,520.

How much money do cops make in North Carolina?
Salaries by years of experience in North Carolina
Years of experience Per year
1 to 2 years $35,222
3 to 5 years $39,828
More than 10 years                        $58,292

I made more when I was in the military.  

Not bad at all. I should go back to the Railroad, They're making, "Welders," $59,125. now.  I could buy more guitars. 

On 1/5/2021 at 2:39 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you have read any of my post I have never said the Beatles were nice people. John was arse and slapped Cynthia across the face at a party once for dancing with another man. Ringo and his wife woke up in a hotel room one day in the 70's and there was blood all over the hotel room, and neither one know who's blood it was, as neither one had any cuts. George was a p-ussy hound and I am sure cheated on a wife or two. Paul smuggled weed into Japan in 1980 remember that. No rock stars are angels.  

still slaggin folks aye ?

31 minutes ago, jvi said:

still slaggin folks aye ?

Do some research about musicians, and you will see that they are just people like you and me, and do bad things just like you and me, yet some people, not me, put them up on pedestals to worship. Do I love The Beatles music. Well look at my screen name and that should clue you in. But because they made great music 50 years ago does not mean they are or were nice people. And how is pointing out facts about people slagging them. I'm not making anything up. Do some research and see if George was infatuated with Mrs. Applegate and what he said to David Faustio about her genital area and what the Quite Beatle wanted to do down there, or if any of the other stuff I posted about them is false.

Aye is a nautical term. My sailing days are over. Did it for 23 years. What did you do for your country? I served mine.

I wish I had money so I could act badly in public and get away with it and just have it called being eccentric.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I find it amusing when military people imply that joining a branch of the armed forces is the only way to serve your country.   And no I'm not taking about "would you like fries with that?". 

Its not, but most jobs other that Firefighter or Police Officer, and maybe a few others, don't put you in harms way. Honey, I have to take the .38 to work today I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it. Its gonna be a rough day telling people have you tried turning it off and on again. And I am a Veteran Of A Foreign War. You could be this orange guy who lives in a house painted white. He served his country too don't forget him.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

So the only way to serve your country is to put yourself in harms way?  Are you implying only those in the armed forces who saw action in foreign wars have served their country?  Ouch. 

What about the kids they have hidden somewhere who are operating drone operations?  Did they serve?  They weren't in harms way.  

Ok how about people who work in public schools educating your next batch of soldiers?  Are they serving their country?  Sadly they are in harms way. 

Read my post above I answered your question. No, it isn't. Last I checked no kids join the military. You have to be 18.

Where are these kids you speak of hidden somewhere that fly drones? But if they are doing it for the government then sure.

Some teachers sadly have to deal with fuk sticks that should have been disciplined more by their parents and are just thugs on their way to serving their country in prison.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

To me an 18 year old is a kid.  The government has been targeting "gamers" for recruitment because flying a military drone is like the ultimate video game.   I can tell you my brother was harassed by an Army recruitment agent for all 4 years of high school.  And I do mean harassed.  

In the eyes of the law an 18 year old is an adult and can go to big boy prison if convicted. It does not matter that you think they are kids.

4 years of harassment. I hope he said something to his Principal and your parents.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Do some research about musicians, and you will see that they are just people like you and me, and do bad things just like you and me, yet some people, not me, put them up on pedestals to worship. Do I love The Beatles music. Well look at my screen name and that should clue you in. But because they made great music 50 years ago does not mean they are or were nice people. And how is pointing out facts about people slagging them. I'm not making anything up. Do some research and see if George was infatuated with Mrs. Applegate and what he said to David Faustio about her genital area and what the Quite Beatle wanted to do down there, or if any of the other stuff I posted about them is false.

Aye is a nautical term. My sailing days are over. Did it for 23 years. What did you do for your country? I served mine.

I wish I had money so I could act badly in public and get away with it and just have it called being eccentric.

aye is NOT a nautical term,  I researched it, it is likely Scottish slang  matey...