Gibson Brands Forums

WANTED: Epiphone Slasher FX

M-T-Pockets

Hello,

[Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong place.  I'm new to the forums, but I did search for a "For Sale/Wanted" thread and didn't find one]

I just recently found out about the FX model guitars from the early 2000s(?), and I really like this Slasher model (I know, please go easy on me).  I was wondering if anyone might know a person or store, etc., that might be selling one of these (I'm only looking for the FX version).

frzhecjyahs9faktjz6x.jpg

ee5rcdpdssvdjvkygvhc.jpg

Thanks in advance.
M-T-Pockets

Edited by M-T-Pockets
  • Thanks 1

M-T-Pockets,

Do you wish to buy from a person or private party, but not one of the usual online resources (Reverb, etc)?

If so, it would help to know where you live. 
Not a specific town or street, but more like a region, such as Upstate New York, or the coastline north of Brisbane and south of Hervey Bay. 

I found this 2001 Epiphone Slasher FX on Reverb straight away. 
https://reverb.com/item/11701418-epiphone-slasher-fx-2001-rare-1-of-only-200-made-with-active-built-in-effects

🙂

Edited by sparquelito

17 hours ago, sparquelito said:

M-T-Pockets,

Do you wish to buy from a person or private party, but not one of the usual online resources (Reverb, etc)?

If so, it would help to know where you live. 
Not a specific town or street, but more like a region, such as Upstate New York, or the coastline north of Brisbane and south of Hervey Bay. 

I found this 2001 Epiphone Slasher FX on Reverb straight away. 
https://reverb.com/item/11701418-epiphone-slasher-fx-2001-rare-1-of-only-200-made-with-active-built-in-effects

🙂

Hello sparquelito,

I live in California, near Sacramento.  I also found that post, however that one is sold (and it sold over a year ago, I contacted the seller).  Thanks for looking out, but I don't see one anywhere for sale (I do see the non-FX versions).  I'm not opposed to buying something and  having it shipped (I understand the risks and would be cautious).  

Thanks again,
M-T-Pockets

On 12/29/2020 at 4:41 PM, sparquelito said:

My Gibson Firebird Zero seems to have been cut from the same piece of wood. 

Only flipped over backwards. 

😐

gibson-usa-firebird-zero-pelham-blue-719

That's a nice looking guitar, the headstock looks super clean!  I'd be all about this, except I prefer the clean look of no pickguard (and I'm sure this is way more expensive).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, M-T-Pockets said:

That's a nice looking guitar, the headstock looks super clean!  I'd be all about this, except I prefer the clean look of no pickguard (and I'm sure this is way more expensive).

I'm sure the removal of the pick guard on this Firebird Zero can be accomplished with just the extracting of nine screws. 
But then you are left with nine screw holes. 
That would be ugly. 

These 2017 model year Zeros had an original MSRP of $499, and it looks like the average price (used) is now around six-fiddy. 

😐

6 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I'm sure the removal of the pick guard on this Firebird Zero can be accomplished with just the extracting of nine screws. 
But then you are left with nine screw holes. 
That would be ugly. 

These 2017 model year Zeros had an original MSRP of $499, and it looks like the average price (used) is now around six-fiddy. 

😐

Yeah, I looked these up after reading about this and saw that they were being clearanced out at one point for like $350!  I would have definitely bought one of these for that price.   At ~$350, I can get over my dislike of the picguard/covers. 

• Like 1

If it helps, mine is a beast. 

It's got insanely great humbucking tones, loud and crisp. 
But capable of cleaning up and playing nice when clean. 

A very level sitting guitar strapped on, with just a hint of neck dive, depending upon your body geometry and the strap. 
🙂

Well, I ended up getting a different guitar.  It's not a Gibson/Epiphone, so I'll probably be shunned from the forum for what I have done, but I couldn't pass up such a cool guitar....

Also, I did see a Slasher FX posted on reverb about a week ago.  I saw it before I went to bed listed for $700 + shipping costs.  I messaged the buyer that night what their best price was (I'm not paying $700).  It sold overnight (I think for full price).  Yikes!

Edited by M-T-Pockets

• 2 years later...