Gibson Brands Forums

Doves in Flight

Rich H.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, zombywoof said:

Not having any kind of expertise in Bozeman-made Gibsons I am not sure when the first model was issued but Gibson has produced it, often in very small numbers,  since at least 2000.

Ya its hard keeping track of when and for how long.   So many variations yearly. Its tough keeping track.  

• Thanks 1

I currently or have owned 5 doves in the past, and this by far is the most beautiful and best sounding of them all. I have seen where Gibson produced 144 Doves in Flight in 2006, but all the years before and after a mere 7 to 12 a year. As soon as I can take pictures and post them. you will see just a beauty my purchase was. My previous Doves were a 1973, 1977, 1990, 2016, and 2018.  I am keeping my Limited Edition 2016 Quilted maple and my 2006 Doves in Flight, but currently selling my Limited Edition 2018 Dove. (If interested)

If anyone can tell me how to post pictures, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rich H.
spelling

They’ve been around since the mid-90s. The initial versions were a limited edition premium Dove with the dove in flight headstock. Over the years, the pickguard, binding, and fretboard inlays got very intricate.  The fingerboard/bridge went to ebony as well but I think it varies by year.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...