Gibson Brands Forums

J-200 Custom Elite

pcf

I had one of these and regret selling it.  Anyone played once against the new '57 Reissue or J-200 Vintage?  anyone have one they want to sell?  it's been awhile since i have been around here but i thought there was a classified section.  is that not the case anymore?  

13 minutes ago, pcf said:

I had one of these and regret selling it.  Anyone played once against the new '57 Reissue or J-200 Vintage?  anyone have one they want to sell?  it's been awhile since i have been around here but i thought there was a classified section.  is that not the case anymore?  

I think BruceBubs just got one of the Vintage ones,, he waited quite a while for it,, he seems to be over the moon with it.

hey may chime in,

Edited by kidblast

Yes I have a 2020 Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200 in Vintage Sunburst.

Beautiful guitar, very warm, rich tone. Swapped the factory PB's for 80/20's and it got even better. Period correct hard case is a nice touch.

dTrSwdqm.jpgwciQXr7m.jpgi0YycXTm.jpgP9RS0Mtm.jpg

Edited by Brucebubs
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

Yes I have a 2020 Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200 in Vintage Sunburst.

Beautiful guitar, very warm, rich tone. Swapped the factory PB's for 80/20's and it got even better. Period correct hard case is a nice touch.

dTrSwdqm.jpgwciQXr7m.jpgi0YycXTm.jpgP9RS0Mtm.jpg

Nice looking Gibson you have there.  

These are all some good looking guitars!  I have a J-45 Vintage I am going to sell or I’d like to trade toward a ‘57 SJ-200 Reissue or Elite Custom.  I have a ‘44 Banner maple J-45 and the J-45 Vintage is actually too similar.  

4 hours ago, freebyrd said:

The 2020 Historic Custom Shop SJ200 Pre War RW and 2020 Custom Shop Historic 1936 Advanced Jumbo.

Both outstanding...

https://imgur.com/mhqEV4q

use the 'Direct Link' on imgur to post pictures here now - great shot, 2 excellent guitars.

jodYvO1h.jpg

One of those new Pre-War SJ-200's landed in a guitar store in Melbourne a few weeks back - sold in a day!

3 hours ago, freebyrd said:

@Brucebubs the SJ200 was listed on the dealer website about 10:30 in the evening. They opened for business the next morning at 10:00 am.

Guess who was on the phone at 10:01 ? Uhhuh, you guessed it. @pcf  not trying to hijack your thread..hope you can find what you’re after. 

I saw multiple positive reviews and clips online from NAMM 2020 so I emailed the Australian distributor for Gibson guitars and told them I wanted to order a  new  Historic 1957 SJ-200 - they didn't know what I was talking about - there wasn't even a code number for one in their system. They got back to me and gave me a price (huge!) and told me to order through any Gibson dealer here in Australia - so I ordered on Feb 6th and finally picked it up on October 28th. I've seen it listed at a couple other dealers here but 'Not In Stock' - I believe the supply of new guitars from the USA has slowed to a trickle since the pandemic so I think I was lucky.

Edited by Brucebubs

I have a J-200 Elite, and a standard SJ-200.  They are difficult to compare,  since the standard is sitka/maple and the Elite is red spruce/koa.  They're both very nice and good at what they do, both loud and both articulate but they have different sounds.

Fred

• Like 1