Gibson Brands Forums

The End of the COVID Collection

SteveFord

On 3/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, SteveFord said:

Yep and there's no telling how that will play out but I'm kind of glad she's gone as far away as possible before you drive into the ocean.

I wouldn't mind getting a post card once or twice a year, that would thoughtful.  Instead, she's threatening to return in a week or so, totally ignoring my helpful suggestion to just stay there instead of running around all over the place.

(No sense in letting her see this one,  that would be a mistake.)

Why? Does she have a Carry permit and a big gun? LOL

No but she does have a big SUV, a lead foot and is rather unpredictable when provoked.

Remember that old Alice Cooper song, Under My Wheels?

Let's just hope she stays a couple of thousand miles away and everyone will live happily ever after, the end.

Tman,

It's amazing the things they can do with plywood and a big jar of glue these days.  If I had tried it I would have wound up with an ash tray.

That is a beauty Steve and sounds like you are getting it dialed in.  We really do need a group shot now that your collection is complete.  Does Gibson still have that program where if you buy 6 more of their guitars they send you a free pick?

• Haha 1

Dropped the pick ups a little bit this morning and it sounds good to me, the bridge pick up was kind of brittle sounding with it up higher.  

Either the guy I bought it from had a boat load of guitars or he really didn't know how to play and gave it up.  There wasn't even a mark on the pick guard.

I can think of 2 models that I would still like to get but I think I'll be a bachelor for a bit so they may get put on the back burner for the next pandemic.  Give me something to look forward, ha, ha.