Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson ES345 Control Knob Height?

GroverCedar

I love the Gibson brand. I have a Les Paul Traditional, an L-00 Studio and owned a SG Faded T all great guitars and well made. I had a brand new ES345 on order since February and received it two weeks ago but sent it back because I believe the control knobs were not properly installed height wise, compared to my Les Paul and SG, with one volume knob I believe being abnormally high. I have another one on back order and hope I don't experience the same issue. I have attached a link to a picture of the knobs for an opinion on the knob height?

ES345 Knob Height?

We've had this issue raised on here before (no pun intended). My LP knobs are a quite high, though not as much as yours. 

It shouldn't have anything to do with hollowbodys. The knobs on my (Memphis) 339 are certainly pretty low.

If you are unhappy with anything you should have recourse to return. I think its reasonable that you have done; that does look very high. You are entitled. I don't know whether it would bother me or not. It would depend on how it felt I think.

The other fellow who was complaining of this returned his guitar too I think. I hope you get a good replacement you are happy with.

Thanks Merciful I appreciate your input and taking time to respond. Sometimes when you in general look at something and think am I crazy or is something off here it's good to know someone else can verify. Have a good weekend: Sincerely, Grover.

You won’t get a different outcome on a replacement. There’s nothing wrong with the knobs on the first guitar and you will be disappointed with any subsequent replacements unless you modify the guitar by adding nuts to adjust how much of the pot shaft is exposed 

I would tend to agree with Dub-T, I don't think those knobs are too high.  I wouldn't have sent it back for such a minor issue, but since you already did I hope the replacement is to you liking.🤔

Edited by Twang Gang

Why are the questions being asked after sending it back?  It is pretty well know that especially with ES models, there are (simply) good ones and not so good ones.  And to send back a potentially good one for something like that is unthinkable to me.   I'd be far far more concerned about that than knob heights.  But that's just me.