Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J185 Jumbo Antique Natural (2005) for sale

RBSinTo

Saw this the the Twelfth Fret website, here in Toronto:

https://www.12fret.com/instruments/gibson-j185-original-jumbo-steel-string-antique-natural-2005/

They're asking $3,20.00 (CDN).

Very tasteful version of their Jumbo acoustics without all the garrish dreck that adorns the J-200 models.

I post this as a courtesy to the Fans, and have no affiliation with either the seller or the music store.

RBSinTo

1 hour ago, BoSoxBiker said:

oh dear, now you’ve gone and done it. After seeing what maple can do when coupled the 185 shape in terms of  projection and balance, I was curious to see how it would be with mahogany, but not up for a custom order. ‘Thought I was over my rosewood phase, but this just might be a perfect match.

51 minutes ago, 62burst said:

oh dear, now you’ve gone and done it. After seeing what maple can do when coupled the 185 shape in terms of  projection and balance, I was curious to see how it would be with mahogany, but not up for a custom order. ‘Thought I was over my rosewood phase, but this just might be a perfect match.

I searched the tube over in search of a sound sample and could not find one.

3 hours ago, J-1854Me said:

I like the 12th Fret, but that seems like a high price, considering that it has a top seam repair.  I sold my J-185 TV there for a bit more than half that amount a few years back -- I should have asked a bit more! 🙂

Fred

If  memory serves, you've had a few of Gibson's "mini jumbos" . . . it seems like that body shape/size would be just the thing to project and balance out rosewood. Any thoughts on this?