Gibson Brands Forums

RAMS vs BENGALS

duane v

On 2/1/2022 at 2:38 PM, Twang Gang said:

Right now I don't understand why when a team scores their first touchdown you don't just go in there and kill the kicker.  Break his leg or his ankle.  You're still going to get the ball on the 25 yard line after the touchback, but the kicker won't be available to beat you at the end of the game with a 50 yard field goal.   

I think there is a rule against killing a kicker. And maybe jail time is a deterrent too.

Then why not after the ball is thrown just go beat the living s-hit out of the QB, it just gonna be a 25 yard penalty, and then the second string guy comes in a do it again. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 12:38 PM, Twang Gang said:

Right now I don't understand why when a team scores their first touchdown you don't just go in there and kill the kicker.  Break his leg or his ankle.  You're still going to get the ball on the 25 yard line after the touchback, but the kicker won't be available to beat you at the end of the game with a 50 yard field goal.   

Really?  Kill the kicker? Why not just run a play where a running back kills the ref? Or maybe the other teams coach?  Or starting QB? 

Why the hate for kicker?  I mean, if we are going to declare open season on football players, the QB would be the first to go. 

We could break the evil SOBs neck, watch his head flop around and laugh while he is carted off, never to walk again! Man That's  A Sport!  Maybe we can get real lucky and dismember a few guys! Wouldn't that be a blast!

I have one question,  did you grow up playing kill video games? 

• Haha 1

Kinda seems that way.  Would be certain of it if he suggested giving all the players broadswords.  [wink]

I've long had an idea on how to make football a bit more exciting---

Do away with the "first and 10" nonsense.  I mean, the team with the ball has only four downs to get into the end zone or hand over the ball to the other team on wherever the line of scrimmage is.  Then THAT team only has four downs.  And the "field goal" has to be when someone gets the ball between the goal posts on the first bounce. AFTER he throws it hard on the ground. [tongue]

Whitefang

11 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Kinda seems that way.  Would be certain of it if he suggested giving all the players broadswords.  [wink]

I've long had an idea on how to make football a bit more exciting---

Do away with the "first and 10" nonsense.  I mean, the team with the ball has only four downs to get into the end zone or hand over the ball to the other team on wherever the line of scrimmage is.  Then THAT team only has four downs.  And the "field goal" has to be when someone gets the ball between the goal posts on the first bounce. AFTER he throws it hard on the ground. [tongue]

Whitefang

I want to make golf more exciting,  I think we could mix NFL & Pro Golf,  once the player is squared off over the Tee, the ref blows a whistle and a NFL D'back will charge the player from 15 yards.. The player  can't be tackled after he hits the ball off the T.  The caddie is allowed to block but can't hold or tackle.

Repeat on each approach until you get on the green,  now the D'back lines up opposite the player, Equal distance from the cup, once the player nods he is set, the ref  blows the whistle,  the D'back waits till he sees the club move forward,  then he can tackle, the caddie is allowed to block (caddies line up one yard behind the player on right of left but can't break his stance until he hears the club strike the ball,, caddies must Carrie the bags on their shoulders at all times accept when aiding the player in picking a club)

Maybe mix NASCAR NFL & PGA , caddies could chase D'back`s with golf carts between the T and greens.

11 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

I want to make golf more exciting,  I think we could mix NFL & Pro Golf,  once the player is squared off over the Tee, the ref blows a whistle and a NFL D'back will charge the player from 15 yards.. The player  can't be tackled after he hits the ball off the T.  The caddie is allowed to block but can't hold or tackle.

Repeat on each approach until you get on the green,  now the D'back lines up opposite the player, Equal distance from the cup, once the player nods he is set, the ref  blows the whistle,  the D'back waits till he sees the club move forward,  then he can tackle, the caddie is allowed to block (caddies line up one yard behind the player on right of left but can't break his stance until he hears the club strike the ball,, caddies must Carrie the bags on their shoulders at all times accept when aiding the player in picking a club)

Maybe mix NASCAR NFL & PGA , caddies could chase D'back`s with golf carts between the T and greens.

Carrie?   Now, THAT would make it interesting!  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

But in the case I took advantage of, I think you meant to put "carry"

On 2/15/2022 at 11:17 PM, jaxson50 said:

caddies must Carrie the bags on their shoulders at all times accept when aiding the player in picking a club)

And speaking as one who once caddied for a spell, having them standing there with those usually not so light bags hanging on their shoulders while all that fol de rol is going on is really unfair. 

Whitefang