Gibson Brands Forums

Sometimes one luthier isn't enough

E-minor7

20 minutes ago, Sevendaymelee said:

I don't know, but if they nibble on some abalone after midnight, watch the %$#%^ out! 

Ha he - then again I think these craftsmen look extraordinary righteous and qualified. The more I study them, the higher I tip my hat.                                                                                                                                                         See fx the kneeling guy close to the camera leaning forward while measuring the overall proportions by eye. Or him who has rolled himself under the bridge on a slay.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Impressing

3 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Ha he - then again I think these craftsmen look extraordinary righteous and qualified. The more I study them, the higher I tip my hat.                                                                                                                                                         See fx the kneeling guy close to the camera leaning forward while measuring the overall proportions by eye. Or him who has rolled himself under the bridge on a slay.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Impressing

That can't be a Gibson factory, they are not working in the dark.

8 minutes ago, Leonard McCoy said:

Ever listened to "Wild World" by Cat Stevens? That's an Ovation...

Never heard of it.

Of Course I have. Oh, the horror. But the studio can make anything sound good. If they are such great guitars, how many of them do you own?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Never heard of it.

Of Course I have. Oh, the horror. But the studio can make anything sound good. If they are such great guitars, how many of them do you own?

Yes, studio engineering can do a lot, but you can really hear that plectrum hitting the bass strings of that ballsy-sounding Ovation Legend in the recording. They are different guitars for a different kind of sound, and for the stage of course. I own exactly one—as with all guitars, the sound doesn't get better in multiples, but you can keep trying...

nP9OWWR.jpg

Edited by Leonard McCoy