Gibson Brands Forums

Mini Grover Replacement Buttons

jricc

43 minutes ago, jricc said:

Hi, I'd like to replace the metal mini Grover buttons on my G-00.  The mini's work fine, so don't want to drill.  Ideally, I'd like to get cream or white plastic buttons.  I've searched high and low.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Do you want to change the whole tuner, or just the knob? If there is no screw securing it, then get on You Tube and look up vids on how its done. If you want to change the whole tuner your gonna need to find a tuner with the same hole spacing, if you don't want to drill.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 hours ago, jricc said:

I think I've checked Allparts, but wasn't sure if any Grover button would work, gonna check them again.  Didn't check Hipshot...thnx Sal.

Take the button off and take measurements on all the important stuff you will need to do the job.  I would think a company that sells replacement parts will post, or can get you the info you need. 

After a quick look, Reverb doesn't have that much, but the most popular auction site is loaded with Grover compatible buttons. Like Sgt. Pepper said, take your measurements and compare them to the measurements in the listings to find what you want.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Thanks for helping with some legwork SgtPepper, Dave F and kwlsky