Gibson Brands Forums

SG '61 Reissue Proprietary Limited Edition

Alfa

I' m very happy, I bought an Ebony SG '61 Reissue . This SG sounds very well and neck profile is perfect for me.

On this Limited Edition the body is made of 1 piece of Mahogany, nickel hardware, the bridge is a real Gibson ABR-1  screwed directy in the body.

Same characteristics than SG '61 RI made before year 2002. Great guitar !

420942882_GibsonSG61Proprietary121.thumb.JPG.83c3bccf51ee346d250b2c6f57786ba5.JPG

• Like 3

You do know you need to slot the saddles, don't you?  You made a comment about it being bright sounding, having me to believe that you just put the bridge in there and call it a day...  Just saying because I see no slots on the bridge pictured.  I mean, there's no rules and you won't go to jail for this, but your string placement will not be the same every time which I personally would find problematic.  YMMV though. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

On 3/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, NighthawkChris said:

You do know you need to slot the saddles, don't you?  You made a comment about it being bright sounding, having me to believe that you just put the bridge in there and call it a day...  Just saying because I see no slots on the bridge pictured.  I mean, there's no rules and you won't go to jail for this, but your string placement will not be the same every time which I personally would find problematic.  YMMV though. 

the slots on saddles are made (not on the picture). I played the quitar with stock saddles too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes I prefer that too.....now all you need is a black switch tip!

Where there are black plastics, there should also be a black switch tip.  I MUST have this on my Gibsons - or any other guitar with black plastics.  🎸

Best wishes!

5 hours ago, Alfa said:

" Where there are black plastics, there should also be a black switch tip "  

Where did tou see this ? 

It's just my opinion!  I must have a black switch tip if all the other plastics are black as it looks MUCH better IMO -  but Gibson very often put white or cream ones on.

So I always buy a replacement.  There are different sizes for Gibson and Epiphone.

The LP Custom in my avatar got a black switch tip shortly after the photo was taken.  In the pic it's a brass one.

Edited by jdgm

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, jdgm said:

It's just my opinion!  I must have a black switch tip if all the other plastics are black as it looks MUCH better IMO -  but Gibson very often put white or cream ones on.

So I always buy a replacement.  There are different sizes for Gibson and Epiphone.

The LP Custom in my avatar got a black switch tip shortly after the photo was taken.  In the pic it's a brass one.

Very nice P90 LesPaul Custom, I like the vintage amber Historic switch tip on my SG.

gibso108.jpg