Gibson Brands Forums

Any Father John Misty fans on here?

Guitar God

The man has a new album coming out April 8th and I'm really looking forward to it. If you haven't heard of him, his lyrics are super deep. I'm going to open up a little about myself on here, but as someone who knows what depression is like, he has stuff I can relate to. I find this guy great and underrated.
https://i.imgur.com/eLOnvo8.jpg

Edited by Guitar God
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

I agree with you as a person who also deals with depression and appreciates FJ  Misty he is unique.  I would like to see him live.

For sure. The man is for sure gifted. Musically and lyrically. He's for sure unique! Hard to describe his style.  Any favorite songs of his for you? So, I'm Growing Old On Magic Mountain is my favorite of his. I mean, geez, man.  I'd love to see him live, too! He came to my area a few years ago and my older brother, who turned me on to him, and I talked about going to see him, but something happened that my bro couldn't go, so we didn't go. If he ever comes close by again, we for sure plan on going!

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw him in Richmond, VA a few years back on the Gods Favorite Customer Tour. He was really good. 

I bet that was a great show! My brother and I talked about going to see him in Knoxville, TN in 2018, but something happened that he couldn't go, so we didn't, sadly. 

On 4/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, Guitar God said:

The man has a new album coming out April 8th and I'm really looking forward to it. If you haven't heard of him, his lyrics are super deep. I'm going to open up a little about myself on here, but as someone who knows what depression is like, he has stuff I can relate to. I find this guy great and underrated.
https://i.imgur.com/eLOnvo8.jpg

Just by coincidence his tickets went on pre-sale today for Indianapolis..I snagged a couple..I didn't even know he was gonna be around here.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 4:58 AM, Guitar God said:

Definitely check him out! His style is unique and his lyrics are incredible! 

I found his style an oft used "sleepy time" country style, and the lyrics, while pleasant poetry, weren't really all that deep and unique.

But if he speaks to you that's all that matters.  

Whitefang

On 4/6/2022 at 6:58 PM, kelly campbell said:

Just by coincidence his tickets went on pre-sale today for Indianapolis..I snagged a couple..I didn't even know he was gonna be around here.  Looking forward to it.

I seen that last night!  I'd love to go see him! He's going to be in Asheville in September! Going to try to talk my brother into going. We missed him a few years ago when he came to Knoxville.