Gibson Brands Forums

339 no signal

merciful-evans

15 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Hi Ian, I gather its the ahem...

Magnetic Telescopic Pickup Tool with 3 LED Lights, Preciva Pick Up Stick Magnetic Flashlight, Telescopicing Flashlight with Magnet, Gadget Pickup Tool 

That does look useful! Well the other stuff there does too. Thanks

Any of those are a handy thing to keep in your tool box.  I think I found mine in Aldi, they seem to have all sorts of useful gadgets🙂

Yeah, a telescoping magnet wand, with or without a light on it, is a very handy tool to have.  Mine is used mostly to retrieve bolts and nuts dropped into engine compartment recesses, but is no doubt handy with guitars that don't have removable covers over control and wiring areas.  Another gadget that comes in handy every so often is a tiny camera that's mounted on a flexible stalk.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem was linking to the Line6 G10 relay (or the THR30ii amp).

I bought some tools. Got ready to use them, but tried the guitar out again 1st. It worked.

Sometimes the G10 doesn't work when you first plug it into a guitar . At such times I plug it back in to the amp (which charges it) and then try again. Despite doing this last time, it refused to work. I tried it out on another guitar & it worked so I concluded the 339 had died.  

So I have some tools all ready to use but no job for them.

I'm still glad the guitar doesn't need fixing though. 

• 3 weeks later...

What your experiencing is why ES’s are a joy. You gotta do everything through the F hole or pup hole. I’m glad my BB King when I had it had a control cover. My jack on my BB came loose one day and it made no sound. Tightened it up and all was well. It had no ground, or earth as I believe you Brits call it.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:53 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

What your experiencing is why ES’s are a joy. You gotta do everything through the F hole or pup hole. I’m glad my BB King when I had it had a control cover. My jack on my BB came loose one day and it made no sound. Tightened it up and all was well. It had no ground, or earth as I believe you Brits call it.

ES's are a gynaecologists guitar.