Gibson Brands Forums

N(O)GD Gibson

8 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Ok Rabs. I've ordered the one in your link. Thanks for the legwork mate! 

It'll arrive Monday. I have nut files ready.

Interestingly it seems you got the last one as they are out of stock now..  Good bargain that was [thumbup]

17 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

It looks like somebody maybe turned the bridge around.  It looks like a Nashville but they have the screws facing forward.  

Yes. Not the best way around if making adjustments. Its intonated well, but the slots are badly cut. 

The bridge came today (early). Surprisingly its a Gibson part too. 

The saddles have now been slotted (a bit high, in case I need to alter anything) and the bridge fitted. So far it seems pretty good. Intonation seems pretty much there. No fret buzz anywhere.

After I have played it for a few hours, I'll recheck everything and use a tuner to intonate. 👍

Also, the case has been made to fit

xLutUKV.jpg

Only waiting for strap pins now, and its done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

The bridge came today (early). Surprisingly its a Gibson part too. 

That's progress! 👍

But what impresses me most, has nothing to do with guitars. Looks like UK is the last place on earth, where the mail can reach you even on a Sunday, and where physical stores are open. That's good, because economic activity - without which there'd be no civilization - has enabled humanity, to climb down from the proverbial tree. Too bad so many are striving, to climb back up again. Like in most of Europe, for example. 😫

2 hours ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Nice guitar! I’ve always been into these too but never got one

be careful with that foam in the case touching the nitro. Probably want to cover that with a soft cloth or something

Your right. I'll do that now. Thanks for pointing out what I should have known. 

2 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

That's progress! 👍

But what impresses me most, has nothing to do with guitars. Looks like UK is the last place on earth, where the mail can reach you even on a Sunday, and where physical stores are open. That's good, because economic activity - without which there'd be no civilization - has enabled humanity, to climb down from the proverbial tree. Too bad so many are striving, to climb back up again. Like in most of Europe, for example. 😫

I had no idea. So its not just Slovenia then but Europe in general?! 

TBH, This was an independent courier. Royal Mail are less impressive. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

But what impresses me most, has nothing to do with guitars. Looks like UK is the last place on earth, where the mail can reach you even on a Sunday, and where physical stores are open. 

Not true. The United States Postal Service delivers on Sunday all the time. I have received many parcels from them on a Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Not true. The United States Postal Service delivers on Sunday all the time. I have received many parcels from them on a Sunday. 

USA is special in every way, most of the world is still lost somewhere in the 16th century....
I am from Europe, they close all stores (and government and non-government "public" institutions) on Sundays, except for gas stations. They say neo-liberalism has attacked their way of life, high up in the trees. Communism is rampant!

Edited by OrdinaryNimda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, merciful-evans said:

I had no idea. So its not just Slovenia then but Europe in general?! 

TBH, This was an independent courier. Royal Mail are less impressive. 

Doesn't matter for Royal Mail - if there is no such regulations, that forbids private businesses to do their business. Economic freedom rulez! Slovenia is off the map, because it is a hard-line communist jamahiriya. But did you know, that Germany has all stores (including groceries) mandatorily closed on Sundays? Most of the EU is totally lost in bureaucracy, regulative hysteria & plain old foolishness.

The other day I saw two UK guitar shops (Andertons, GuitarGuitar) having their Gibson lineups fully refreshed with new arrivals. Very refreshing. We don't even dream of that in the EU.  (And I am still waiting for the ES-335, ordered and paid 10% in advance in May of 2020 🤣).

11 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Doesn't matter for Royal Mail - if there is no such regulations, that forbids private businesses to do their business. Economic freedom rulez! Slovenia is off the map, because it is a hard-line communist jamahiriya. But did you know, that Germany has all stores (including groceries) mandatorily closed on Sundays? Most of the EU is totally lost in bureaucracy, regulative hysteria & plain old foolishness.

The other day I saw two UK guitar shops (Andertons, GuitarGuitar) having their Gibson lineups fully refreshed with new arrivals. Very refreshing. We don't even dream of that in the EU.  (And I am still waiting for the ES-335, ordered and paid 10% in advance in May of 2020 🤣).

Unless something changed with EU regs since Brexit, it should be individual nations deciding on Sunday trading. Its traditionally a religious objection of course. Last year I even worked over Christmas. 

Certainly not all, but many stores (and all food ones) are open Sunday here.

I hope you get your ES-335 soon. 

• Like 1