Gibson Brands Forums

Nighthawk Case

Sir neighbour

Fits most snug in an actual 90s NH case imho. I’ve tried the SG Gibson Gear case before and it wasn’t too bad… Wasn’t as good as the cases the guitars came with, but I’ll bet it would keep your guitar safer than a gig bag for sure. They’re hard to come by these days. A case in great condition I’ll bet would go for $400 or not too far from… 

7 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Fits most snug in an actual 90s NH case imho. I’ve tried the SG Gibson Gear case before and it wasn’t too bad… Wasn’t as good as the cases the guitars came with, but I’ll bet it would keep your guitar safer than a gig bag for sure. They’re hard to come by these days. A case in great condition I’ll bet would go for $400 or not too far from… 

Those cases are very rare apparently. i've bought mine without cases 

5 hours ago, Alfa said:

You need a Les Paul case for your Nighthawk guitar.

Nah it won’t work at all man - for obvious reasons if you know what an actual LP looks like compared to a NH. The cases of that era do closely follow the body shapes of these guitars, and those 2 guitars really aren’t very similar in a lot of ways. 

If you use a LP case, you’re packing it in with something else to take up all that unused space or your guitar is clunking around in it - which I hope we agree is not good. 

11 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Nah it won’t work at all man - for obvious reasons if you know what an actual LP looks like compared to a NH. The cases of that era do closely follow the body shapes of these guitars, and those 2 guitars really aren’t very similar in a lot of ways. 

If you use a LP case, you’re packing it in with something else to take up all that unused space or your guitar is clunking around in it - which I hope we agree is not good. 

so i'm guessing a rectangular case is the only right way to go ?

16 minutes ago, Sir neighbour said:

No. Any case no matter what shape needs to keep the guitar stable inside. The shape of the case is doesn't really matter. 

If you cant go out and try cases out with your NH, the next best option is to have better info about the cases. Either with full dimensions stated or the manufacturers list of models that it will fit.

ie: (this wont fit a NH nor is it fully dimensioned)

Specification

• Hard Outer Shell Molded from Impact-Resistant ABS Plastic for an Ultra-Durable Exterior
  • EPS Foam and Plush Lining Provide a Protective Interior Safe from Nicks and Scratches
  • Spacious Interior Storage Compartment Offers Secure Hideaways for Capos, Strings, Picks and Accessories
  • Reinforced, Extra Strength Handles, Offer a Firm Grip
  • Heavy-Duty Aluminum Valances Keep the Closure Aligned While Protecting the Outer Edges and Reinforcing the Overall Strength of the Case
  • Chrome Plated Lockable Latches Keep Your Instrument Securely in Place at All Times
  • Designed to fit Semi-Hollow Guitars
  • External Dimensions: 119.3cm x 47.4cm x 18.79cm
  • Internal Dimensions: 112.5cm x 40.8cm x 11.4cm

In your shoes I would contact the case co. and ask them. I would probably try Hiscox first.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 10:31 PM, Sir neighbour said:

The Epiphone Nancy Wilson Fanatic is a Nighthawk and comes with a hard case, so basically Epiphone is making a hard case built to fit the Hawk guitars including the Nighthawk and Blueshaswk..

_211220175005_Antique%20Silverburst%20sa

A very nice fit....

***    Oh I found the Epiphone Nancy Wilson Fanatic Hardcase below on Reverb, a perfect fit....

https://reverb.com/item/55266566-epiphone-nancy-wilson-fanatic-molded-hardshell-case-guitar-black

lkrdkumstm0iv9vccess.jpg

****** Sorry it didn't last long ******

Edited by mihcmac