Gibson Brands Forums

New 2x12 cabinet

Guitar God

13 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You have all the gear. How is there any left for others.

Nice score.

I don't have everything, haha. I guess I need to get some good family photos of everything. Thanks! This cab sounds fantastic! I've been curious about Avatar stuff for quite a few years. If you haven't heard of them, they're pretty much a factory direct custom cab company.  USA made. You can choose between Celestion, Eminence, Fane, or their own Avatar speakers, which are made by Fane.  You can get one empty, too. Like I said, I believe the previous owner put MESA Black Shadows in it.  So far, I've been running my PRS MT-15 Mark Tremonti signature head through the cab and it sounds great with that head, which that head absolutely screams! Loudest 15 watt head I've ever heard so far.  May try some other stuff through it. I still have my Soldano 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. Love it, too. 

On 9/6/2022 at 4:31 AM, merciful-evans said:

I admit I not aufait with Avatar or the PRS head, but they seem to be quality gear. 

Looks pretty nice too. Too bad we cant get a sound demo!

They're pretty much custom cabs. They are built in the U.S.A.  They just sale factory direct. Of course, you can find one on the used market like I did.  On their site, they offer Celestion, Eminence, Fane, and their own Avatar speakers, which are made by Fane. You can get them unloaded, too. You can choose the ohm rating, too.  The PRS head is a 15 watt Mark Tremonti signature head. Has a lot of gain too it and has a wonderful clean channel. Easily the loudest 15 watt head I've heard.  Mine has 6L6 power tubes in it.  They now come with 5881 power tubes in it.  The preamp tubes are EC83S. I don't think they changed from them.  This amp is a beast! Super loud for what it is, too. Fantastic head if you want an awesome high gain head with an awesome clean channel, too.  Ya know? I need to start getting vids and post them. Something that would be fun to do.
Avatar Speakers – Factory Direct Speakers For Musicians Since 1992

16 hours ago, Murph said:

I've never seen that brand of cabinet, but Mesa speakers would sound good in a cardboard box...

I replied to Merciful-Evan talking about them and also posted the site. They are good cabs. I'm happy with this one.  They sound great in this and I also have a MESA F50 combo that has a MESA speaker in it, too.