Gibson Brands Forums

Live King Crimson releases

SteveFord

I was afraid they were going to be too much of the old same old, same old but they're really good.

So far, I've gotten through

Music Is Our Friend

The Great Deceiver 1

and have a couple of others in the wings.

They're so well recorded and there's a lot of improvisation so I guess I'll bite the bullet and collect the whole set, there looks to be about a dozen of them on Amazon.

I have one from Montreal, and it was recorded on the last night of the Perfect Pair Tour, and some others I downloaded. They do improvise a lot.

Just keep Toyah far away from Robert when he’s playing. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 4 weeks later...

I was really happy to find this one as I was lucky enough to have been at the show.  They were enjoying themselves and so was everyone else.

Our joke was next tour Robert Fripp would be performing from under the stage (he's not much of a showman).

KhgBDXL.jpg

Edited by SteveFord

This arrived over the weekend. I have my original on vinyl. Disc one is a CD is the 2013 mix, and adds the songs Fracture and Starless. Disc two is a DVD with 4 different remasters on it. The 2013 Stereo mix again, a vinyl transfer of the original album as it was on the album without Fracture and Starless, a 2005 mix which says it is from the original multi track tapes (which I think is the entire concert unedited without the Eddie Jobson overdubs), and the 30th Anniversary Remaster with Fracture and Starless.

I was not at this show. I saw them twice in Berkley on The Beat and Three Of A Perfect Pair Tours.

8ibf9tI.jpg

46 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I was really happy to find this one as I was lucky enough to have been at the show.  They were enjoying themselves and so was everyone else.

Our joke was next tour Robert Fripp would be performing from under the stage (he's not much of a showman).

KhgBDXL.jpg

You just happen to be at the right place at the right time. The only thing I know I was at when it was recorded was one Rush song on Show Of Hands. It was recorded at the San Diego show I went too on the Hold Your Fire Tour. And The Grateful Dead have a live DVD of a concert, and put a few extra songs on it from a Shoreline Amphitheater concert form the 90's  I was at.  

Robert will release, and re-release any live, or studio KC thing. I guess his wife needs cash for more skimpy outfits for their awful Sunday video's.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

The 'Radical Action....Monkeymind' triple CD was the last one I heard, I saw that line-up or something like it in 2015(?)

I have 'Absent Lovers'....'Heavy Consrukction' was another triple....'Vrooom Vrooom'  looks good.

• 5 months later...

I watched the In The Court Of The Crimson King documentary.

Robert Fripp sure is an irascible old coot, that's for sure.  If I was the film maker I would have shot him in the crotch with a water pistol.

I'm going to have to watch it a second time, there was a lot going on in it.  

On 3/26/2023 at 1:19 PM, SteveFord said:

I watched the In The Court Of The Crimson King documentary.

Robert Fripp sure is an irascible old coot, that's for sure.  If I was the film maker I would have shot him in the crotch with a water pistol.

I'm going to have to watch it a second time, there was a lot going on in it.  

Where can that be vid be found SF ? I'd like to see it.

No it's 8 discs!!

https://burningshed.com/king-crimson_king-crimson-at-50_boxset

Live later this year - 'Robert and Toyah's Sunday Lunch'.   They will be playing fairly near me but I do not wish to see it.

"Toyah Willcox and Robert Fripp are bursting out of the kitchen and going on tour with Toyah’s full "Posh Pop" band.

An evening of Sunday Lunch reminiscing and full rock music, familiar from their hit YouTube series, with Robert on guitar.

With the exciting artistic twists that both Robert and Toyah are renowned for, they’ll perform their own hits plus many much-loved songs, including My Generation, Heroes, Teenage Kicks, Rebel Yell, Slave To The Rhythm, Smoke On The Water, Are You Gonna Go My Way, Paranoid, and more!"

No, non, nyet, nein and nope!

• Haha 1

8 discs?  Hoo, boy, that's a lot of following around some strange little old man who starts his day off with a cold shower.

WIld horses couldn't drag me to that Robert and Toyah show!

On a better note, I did an upgrade to a stereo system and listened to Thrak last night, there were a few guitar tracks buried in there that I hadn't heard before.  

Edited by SteveFord