Gibson Brands Forums

Norwegian Wood - (not thrilled with it)

DanvillRob

10 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

DanvillRob,

You meant the Beatles song?

Oh.

I thought you were referring to yet another j-45 variant made from crappy sounding Norwegian wood.

RBSinTo

I really don't know what "Norwegian Wood" actually is.... I presume it's something John heard from his 'conquest' in London.

2 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I really don't know what "Norwegian Wood" actually is.... I presume it's something John heard from his 'conquest' in London.

I think it was supposed to trendy back in the 60's to have stuff you own made out of N W. Yeah its about an affair John had. Hey let's write a song about it, no one will guess what its about, least of all my wife.

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think it was supposed to trendy back in the 60's to have stuff you own made out of N W. Yeah its about an affair John had. Hey let's write a song about it, no one will guess what its about, least of all my wife.

Well...this was 'pre-Yoko', so no harm, no foul!

16 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Well...this was 'pre-Yoko', so no harm, no foul!

He cheated on her to with May Ping (I think that was her name) in the 70's in LA, when he was "Rock Starring " it up with Harry Nilsson in his Lost Weekend phase. They were separated so I guess John was free to stick Little John where he wanted.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He cheated on her to with May Ping (I think that was her name) in the 70's in LA, when he was "Rock Starring " it up with Harry Nilsson in his Lost Weekend phase. They were separated so I guess John was free to stick Little John where he wanted.

I kinda thought Yoko "blessed" the union of John and May Ping...in an effort to 'keep' him.