Gibson Brands Forums

Weird Stuff That Keeps Me Up At Night

Sgt. Pepper

So last week right after one of he NFL football games Beck covered Neil Young's (well not anymore) Old Man song on a Martin seated on a stool. Well Mr. Canadian/American is now pissed off that happened. If you remember Neil Young sold the rites to his catalog awhile back, which means Neil, you no longer own that song or the rights to it. And it was Beck performing it and not the version Neil originally recorded. WFT is wrong with people. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I'm STILL hoping for an answer to the question----

If the weatherman says, "Today's temperature is zero degrees."  and then says, "Tomorrow's temperature will be twice as cold."  So, what will that temperature be?

Whitefang

That is easy - 00. Your welcome.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting  an old thread for this. I was surfing around the boob-tube and caught a glimpse of "SpongeBob SquarePants". I always wondered: If his pants are square then are his testicles square, also? And, would you call them blocks? Also, he has a girlfriend. Doesn't that raise the whole square peg in a round hole dilemma?

1 hour ago, gearbasher said:

Resurrecting  an old thread for this. I was surfing around the boob-tube and caught a glimpse of "SpongeBob SquarePants". I always wondered: If his pants are square then are his testicles square, also? And, would you call them blocks? Also, he has a girlfriend. Doesn't that raise the whole square peg in a round hole dilemma?

She might have a rectangle-gina.

I have a question for all the members in the UK. Is/Was there nothing but Art Colleges around back in the 60's. Seems like everything I read about the all the Rock Stars from back then, they all went to Art College. Or was it just a place to get high and slag off? And what was this Art College teaching them? How to do stuff like Monet and Picasso, or to be Graphic Artist, or make stuff for advertising firms?

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have a question for all the members in the UK. Is/Was there nothing but Art Colleges around back in the 60's. Seems like everything I read about the all the Rock Stars from back then, they all went to Art College. Or was it just a place to get high and slag off? And what was this Art College teaching them? How to do stuff like Monet and Picasso, or to be Graphic Artist, or make stuff for advertising firms?

3-year degree courses on all of those eventually, plus textiles and pottery by the time I enrolled in the mid-70s.  In the 60s they were (apparently) a 'place to get high and slag off' much more than when I went. 

I should never have gone; I didn't complete the course due to family tragedy and even if I had it wouldn't have helped.  Still, that was where I joined/formed my 1st band.  I am still in touch with the drummer from that band, who did 3D design and subsequently had a successful career as a teacher.

Edited by jdgm