Gibson Brands Forums

Early studio works of Jimmy Page

jaxson50

51 minutes ago, jaxson50 said:

June 12, 1963 Mickie  Most, recorded Mr. Porter, UP on guitar, Most went on to be a productive song writer for Jeff Beck, Donovan,  The Animals and others,

UP?    [wink]   Try slowing down or proofreading, please.  It helps avoid this place appearing to be some kind of FaceBook page.  And Lord knows we don't want that!  😉

Whitefang

13 hours ago, Whitefang said:

UP?    [wink]   Try slowing down or proofreading, please.  It helps avoid this place appearing to be some kind of FaceBook page.  And Lord knows we don't want that!  😉

Whitefang

I fixed it, I hate this g d android tablet, I typed in JP  but you have to tap a "checkmark" or it goes by default to the second choice which is, you guessed it "UP".  If I could find the pos who designed this program  is correct his sorry butt.

• Haha 1

I was wondering if the designer was a "yooper".  What we here in Michigan call someone from the UP(upper peninsula).  [wink]  But I figured what you said might be the issue, but I was just being "tongue in cheek" about it.  

But getting back on track;

Page does seem to have a lot of moxie with a variety of styles from a variety of genres.  And too, remember he does come from that period of modern music in which no two bands ever really looked or sounded alike.  Unlike the '80's, when "big hair" spandex clad "metal" bands that looked and sounded like they were poured into and stamped out of the same mold flourished. 

Whitefang

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I was wondering if the designer was a "yooper".  What we here in Michigan call someone from the UP(upper peninsula).  [wink]  But I figured what you said might be the issue, but I was just being "tongue in cheek" about it.  

But getting back on track;

Page does seem to have a lot of moxie with a variety of styles from a variety of genres.  And too, remember he does come from that period of modern music in which no two bands ever really looked or sounded alike.  Unlike the '80's, when "big hair" spandex clad "metal" bands that looked and sounded like they were poured into and stamped out of the same mold flourished. 

Whitefang

My Grandad had a huge Farm in the UP in Mio… It was a beautiful Place to spend Summers.. Forests, Streams & a small Lake… Plus all the Animals.. That was a fun place to be a Kid!

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 4:15 AM, jaxson50 said:

The Donovan post got me search of early studio works of Jimmy Page and tgat search lead me to his website.

He did a lot of studio work!

I admired his decision to stay in the studio as long as he did, he had offers from many well known groups.  

https://www.jimmypage.com/discography/sessions

Thanks for sharing! I was looking for its here. May be people today are ready to understand these ones.

It requires great versatility to be successful as a studio musician,  the players  Whitefang referred to, along with JP  and so many others stared in the studio at a young age, Willy Nelson started out as a starving song writer and  studio player , I  believe he was an AM  radio dj.  

It is not uncommon for the studio player to improvise a solo or come up with a fill in, and that becomes the signature sound of the record, in many cases these players never become household names, but without their in put our favorite songs wouldn' be the same, Louise Shelton is a perfect example,

• Thanks 1