Gibson Brands Forums

Congratulations to me

generaldreedle

First of all, like many, I am far kicking outside my coverage when it comes to comparing my playing ability with my guitars.   But I feel like I did good every time I pick up my Nick Lucas Maple.  I got it used on the acoustic guitar forum that was discounted by 2/3 off the original price because someone left a humidipack against the body where you can't see and the finish was messed up.  No one would buy it due to the description, so kudos to me not caring about this stuff.  Great guitar with sunbeams light on them.   

Edited by generaldreedle

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Some people are anal about putting a clip on tuner on, arm haze, wall hangers and such.

I am careful about crashing into walls, door jams and mic stands. But I do that too, from time to time.

I play mine.

Yes, I think the honest description scared people off, but you can’t even see it and I can feel it on my right arm when playing but who cares?   
this is the actual guitar, played by someone more talented than me.     

Myself, as well as more than a few others I know tend to look for guitars which are cosmetically challenged precisely because of the deep discount that often accompanies them.    

I just went over to Reverb for a quick look and found at least two of those Wildwood Limited Edition 14 fret Nick Lucas guitars (both with accompanying videos) which had sold.  Assuming yours was one of that run and if it carried a similar asking price if you threw in a 2/3 discount buying the guitar definitely comes with a well deserved "you done good."  

Edited by zombywoof

2 hours ago, zombywoof said:

Myself, as well as more than a few others I know tend to look for guitars which are cosmetically challenged precisely because of the deep discount that often accompanies them.    

I just went over to Reverb for a quick look and found at least two of those Wildwood Limited Edition 14 fret Nick Lucas guitars (both with accompanying videos) which had sold.  Assuming yours was one of that run and if it carried a similar asking price if you threw in a 2/3 discount buying the guitar definitely comes with a well deserved "you done good."  

It was! 

On 2/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, generaldreedle said:

Yes, I think the honest description scared people off, but you can’t even see it and I can feel it on my right arm when playing but who cares?   
this is the actual guitar, played by someone more talented than me.     

That guitar sounds fantastic and that guy can really play. Sheesh, what I would give to be able to play like that. Some people just got it. And a bazillion hours of practice, of course.

• Like 1

Good for you.  I’m with you; as long as the guitar sounds and plays right, I’ll gladly take a finish blemish if the price is right.  Not sure what the cosmetic damage looks like, but I’ve gotten great results Meguiars Ultimate Compound on guitar blemishes - applied by hand, carefully and slowly.