Gibson Brands Forums

Dodge Brothers / Henry Ford

Murph

21 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I've leaving them all my instruments.... 

I had a friend who died 25 years ago and had his guitar stuffed into his casket. I always thought that was a waste. He had 2 kids, and one (or both) of them might like to have it now.

I'm pretty sure he's not playing it...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Murph said:

I had a friend who died 25 years ago and had his guitar stuffed into his casket. I always thought that was a waste. He had 2 kids, and one (or both) of them might like to have it now.

I'm pretty sure he's not playing it...

Murph, Our old lead guitarist and singer and I were pretty good friends.... when I first got married, he came over one night (about 1981) and left a banjo with me....he said "see what you can do with this....I'll get it later."  

He was a long-haul truck driver and had a pretty chaotic lifestyle.   He died in 1994.

I've had that banjo here all that time.....I offered it to his daughters, (3), and the only one interested also died maybe 7-8 years ago.    Offered it to his grandson, who actually plays.... and he told me a couple of times he'd be over to pick it up....but danged if he didn't move to South Carolina (he was in the Army).   This would be the ONLY thing he ever got from his grandfather!

It's been sitting in the closet (three different houses) for 42 years!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

.... when I first got married, he came over one night (about 1981) and left a banjo with me....

It's been sitting in the closet (three different houses) for 42 years!

That wouldn't be an old Gibson Mastertone ?

• Haha 1

I showed you pics of my old Truck.. Here’s a few pics of my 2022 Chevy Silverado LT Crew Cab.. The Truck is faster & handles better than my old 2018.. They’ve added some new Safety features which are great.. The Nav in Apple Car Play is the best Nav I’ve ever experienced in any Vehicle.. Great Truck! I’ll probably keep this one..

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

Edited by Larsongs

3 hours ago, Murph said:

I should just add this...

km2Tb25.jpg

I used to have a Jeep Cherokee that had nothing but problems.. Our local Mopar Dealers Service Dep’t was the worst & could never resolve the issues.. I took it to them numerous times & always for the same problems. One Friday at 4:30 they called me & said it was ready to go.. I went to pick it up.. They brought it up, parked in the Service drive, turned it off & handed me the Keys.. I got in & it wouldn’t start.. I was blocking several other Customers trying to get out.. They started honking & cussing me to get that POS out of the way…. I was F’n done!!! That was the end of Mopar for me… You’re right, they were all behind me because my POS Jeep wouldn’t run! Funny, that they weren’t with me though…

PS I have nothing against Mopar vehicles.. Just the lousy local Dealers Service…

Edited by Larsongs
  • Like 1

2nd year at a small college in rural NC,  two friends and I went in on a '54 Chevy that one of the faculty was selling.  12 years old.  After a few months, it needed engine work and one of us (not me) was a Shade Tree Mechanic. We jacked it up and had it on a couple of cinder blocks under each side of the front frame.   The cinder blocks crumbled and the car slowly fell - pinning  him. We were able to lift it up enough for him to  squirm out - 3 or 4 inches.    After that, I had IMMENSE respect for properly securing jacks and supports. 

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Remember the good old days when.....

f4GjdP6.jpg

We were genius to come up with ideas like putting an extra block under those Jacks to get more height so we could crawl under 3000-4000 lb Cars!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Lucas, I bumped into this...

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.

Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.

The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.

"I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.

Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Alva Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Speaking of Lucas, I bumped into this...

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.

Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.

The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.

"I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.

Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Alva Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Having lived with Lucas for over 36 years.... I can attest to the accuracy of this list!