Gibson Brands Forums

King Charles III and his wife, Queen Camilla both crowned this morning.

Retired

22 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Did you have to spell out the F-word to get them repaired ? 

Over by our Bank, and a high school, you would think they would have fixed the streets there months ago, and its so bad,  that an entire street collapsed with them. People complained for a long time and finally, they closed the street because of cars driving more on it with 4 wheel drives like it was a obsticle course.  Our son used to ride motorcycles but stopped. He said you can't ride a bike in Omaha, there's way too many potholes and bumps to throw the bike off. 

1 hour ago, Retired said:

Well, I am an Artist. Started drawing in the 2nd grade. took art all the way through school and won a scholarship in it.   Can you imagine what I could paint on those hundreds or thousands potholes here? 

I imagine you'd have to be pretty good to paint on a hole.  IN the hole would mean no driver will ever see what you painted as he's busy swerving to avoid it. [wink]  But if you're REALLY good, perhaps something like this..?

enhanced-buzz-wide-2687-1370637981-10.jp

Whitefang

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I imagine you'd have to be pretty good to paint on a hole.  IN the hole would mean no driver will ever see what you painted as he's busy swerving to avoid it. [wink]  But if you're REALLY good, perhaps something like this..?

enhanced-buzz-wide-2687-1370637981-10.jp

Whitefang

I've seen stuff like that. Some are amazing.  Yes, I could do stuff like that not trying to brag but it would not be fast It would take a couple or a few hours to make it look convincing. Also a lot of it is basically the camera angle that makes it look real.   The whole 24 years at BNSF, guys came to me a lot to ask for special drawings or paintings.  My Aunt in Missouri, wanted me to paint a whole wall mural for her son decades back. He wanted a NHRA drag strip, quarter mile scenery and two funny cars -top fuel, racing side by side. I did it for them and at the end of the strip with their parachutes out slowing down. She said when he left home, all grown up, she was very depressed to have to paint over that wall. My mothers home, when I was a teenager, She let me paint the 4 walls in my bedroom, Black. I had a black light on the ceiling and painted race cars of different types on all 3 walls and then placed Mirrors on the 4th wall. 

At night, I turned the black light on and it was amazing.   She had to paint over it when I left home also. as someone moved in with her. 

• Like 1