Gibson Brands Forums

When Did This Happen?

Murph

22 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Some people (I doubt many) believe you can come back as an animal, given how well you handled being a human.   Some of these spend a lot of human time thinking about which animal they'd like to come back as.   I don't think it's an easy choice - because most animals get eaten by other animals.  Tigers are a popular choice.   Some people believe they have an animal spirit guide - a totem.   Coyote is popular. Wolf.    But, as you suggest with Gender - we may get 'assigned' an animal, or we'll all be wearing Tiger and Wolf t-shirts.   I hope I don't get assigned as a wildebeest.  They seem to always get eaten first. 

Yeah, many tried that jive about reincarnation.  Likely Christians trying to dissuade people from believing in it.  Actually, reincarnation has nothing to do with "coming back" as a bug or animal or some such crap.   Depending on the life you've lived your soul at death  attains a level of astral plane  in concert with your spiritual consciousness.  You are given host to a new physical vessel after an undetermined length of contemplation.  To simplify,  the idea is, with each subsequent life you're given chance to improve your spirituality and relation to your fellow man and will keep being reborn until you reach a level so sublime you finally achieve  Nirvana.  Which has nothing to do with a grunge band.  🥴

As for choosing your gender, you can choose to be any gender you wish to.  Just as I can choose to be a superhero.  It will never mean I'll really be one, but I can make that choice.   But to address what 40 was saying up there....

I knew a girl in high school who claimed we were all animals before we "came back" as humans.  And that she could tell by looking at someone which animal they were.  She decided to display that "talent" in English class.  

Not surprising, most of the girls in the class used to be cats.  And(of course) the boys were mostly dogs. Or monkeys.  She told me I was once a horse.  I had to laugh.  Had she seen me without my pants on a horse would have never garnered consideration.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

I was in Louisiana in 1984 and was driving to a job at 6:00 a.m. to pour a large concrete slab.

At 6:00 a.m. it was 90 degrees and the humidity was 90%, and I was a laborer.

Those were the days...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Murph said:

I was in Louisiana in 1984 and was driving to a job at 6:00 a.m. to pour a large concrete slab.

At 6:00 a.m. it was 90 degrees and the humidity was 90%, and I was a laborer.

Those were the days...

lol.  in '79 I was 19 and just playing in a band. sleeping till noon. THEN, I fell in love. had to get a day job . loading sleep sofas into tractor trailers 12 hr days. 90 plus degree days. AND still playing Wednesday thru Sat 9 to 1 at a bar in town.  ah, good times ... lol

Back around those times I was working at the Cadillac main plant(built in 1921) on Clark St. in Detroit.  On hot days we had to depend on the few fans hanging on the ceiling or whatever big floor fans could be found.  My foreman at the time thought he was doing us a favor by bringing in huge stainless steel dispensers of lemonade.  Lemonade never really quenched my thirst to begin with, and in this case it was worse as the lemonade was warm!  🙄

Eventually the company struck a deal with Canteen( who had charge of all the break area vending machines) to fix the soft drink machines, the kind that dispensed soft drinks a cup at a time to dispense soft drinks at no charge.  And it was cold too. 

Whitefang

In 1979 our son was born...I was working at MACK Trucks as a Supervisor.... I was well paid, but worked 7 days a week!    

In 1984 I was already at GILLIG running the night shift as a General Foreman.   Again, well paid, but working nights was tough with a family.  

In 1986 We started our business and I started buying Rolls Royces, and we moved to a house without a pool....(having a pool and a little kid was dangerous).

4 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

In 1979 our son was born...I was working at MACK Trucks as a Supervisor.... I was well paid, but worked 7 days a week!    

Sure.  Once I transferred to pinstriping there were periods where we worked 7/12.  That was pretty rough.  those periods were usually in late fall, so it was dark when I went into work and dark when I got out.  And got to where my kids were tucking me into bed! And as those times went well into the winter I had to arrange a day off a month in advance to do any Christmas shopping.  But those 84 hour paychecks sure looked good.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1