Gibson Brands Forums

Burstbucker pro neck pickup is sounding muddy and bassy

jalexquijano

I can tell you nothing unless you provide your gear info... I could just well be your amp with bass to high. I was inspired by another thread lower down to adjust my pickups today... I can say, Lowering my neck made it just so warm and nice to listen to. Bridge is pretty Thrash Metal sounding. On Middle its Master of puppets...

What I can say is, Go from ground zero (lower pickup all the way) and go up until you get the sweet spot. Then of course you have to change the bridge height too if you want them to sound fluent.

I can tell you nothing unless you provide your gear info... I could just well be your amp with bass to high. I was inspired by another thread lower down to adjust my pickups today... I can say' date=' Lowering my neck made it just so warm and nice to listen to. Bridge is pretty Thrash Metal sounding. On Middle its Master of puppets...

What I can say is, Go from ground zero (lower pickup all the way) and go up until you get the sweet spot. Then of course you have to change the bridge height too if you want them to sound fluent.[/quote']

You mean 0 in both sides either the bass and the treble side of the neck pickup?

I can tell you nothing unless you provide your gear info... I could just well be your amp with bass to high. I was inspired by another thread lower down to adjust my pickups today... I can say' date=' Lowering my neck made it just so warm and nice to listen to. Bridge is pretty Thrash Metal sounding. On Middle its Master of puppets...

What I can say is, Go from ground zero (lower pickup all the way) and go up until you get the sweet spot. Then of course you have to change the bridge height too if you want them to sound fluent.[/quote']

I am plugging the guitar straight to a Roland Microcube 2 watt amp. Should I get a distorted sound when playing over the hills and far away intro using the clean channel?

Does the pick-up have a metal cover (nickel or gold)? Metal covers is know for reducing the high frequencys. It's why your have too much bass and less definition. Removing the cover significantly reduce muddiness and is not too difficult.

Archived