Gibson Brands Forums

columbine and gun control???

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is confusing to me. why would you get rid of protection AFTER you have the most valuable thing in the world to protect?

I never got that either.

My 9 year old daughter has her own Ruger .22. She's pretty good with it too.

Go figure.

Murph.

Guns are mad to kill plain and simple and people are high on the list. As Eye said earlyer your six shooters were made to kill people.

jhsxvm.jpg

Yep. Guns are made to kill anybody that messes with my family.

Yep.

this is confusing to me. why would you get rid of protection AFTER you have the most valuable thing in the world to protect?

I never owned it for protection. The only way for me to protect my family with a gun was to keep it loaded and keep it close at hand. And I wasn't going to take the risk of keep a loaded weapon in my house with kids around.

I felt there was a greater risk of my kids shooting themselves than an armed intruder breaking into to my home and shooting my family.

The problem with ignoring it is that in time we (non-liberals) will all be in concentration camps and being exterminated for the "new world order" -- the "1000 year Empire" (Reich) -- which is where they are doing (and rather quickly). So I will not be quiet about that.

This GUN CONTROL stuff is not about gun control. It is about establishing a class of people they can differentiate and subvert. If the Nazi's had declared all of the Jews "gun owners" and then exterminated THEM it would have been OK's by a lot of Europeans. But when they called the exterminations "the Jewish problem" it was clear they were into genocide. The liberals are using things like pro-life and gun control to establish classes of people they intend to subvert (the Gulag)

Man, that is one giant leap you are making here.

I never owned it for protection. The only way for me to protect my family with a gun was to keep it loaded and keep it close at hand. And I wasn't going to take the risk of keep a loaded weapon in my house with kids around.

I felt there was a greater risk of my kids shooting themselves than an armed intruder breaking into to my home and shooting my family.

thank you for the explanation. i would like to say that if you do decide to get one for protection at some point, they make fingerprint safes.

also, in my opinion a child that is always around guns respects them. if they are a forbidden object, it makes them that much more intriguing.

in MY family, we respect them. we know how to properly use and care for them. we know and teach the damage they can do. my 9 year old is *almost* as good of a shot as i am. her PaPa taught her how after he gave her a .22 for Christmas when she was 6. just as he did with me when i was 6. and his daddy did with him.

Oh My !

i know. shocking, huh? its just the way we do things. its not for everyone and thats fine. i most certainly respect bluemoon for giving his up since he wasnt using it for protection and he felt it was a greater risk to his family to have it in his home. now THAT is a responsible gun owner.

thank you for the explanation. i would like to say that if you do decide to get one for protection at some point' date=' they make fingerprint safes.

also, in my opinion a child that is always around guns respects them. if they are a forbidden object, it makes them that much more intriguing.

in MY family, we respect them. we know how to properly use and care for them. we know and teach the damage they can do. my 9 year old is *almost* as good of a shot as i am. her PaPa taught her how after he gave her a .22 for Christmas when she was 6. just as he did with me when i was 6. and his daddy did with him.

[/quote']

Yep. Guns are all over my house. Some are loaded. Some are hidden. They are respected. It's a way of life. There has never been an accident. My 9 year old daughter knows when she can shoot, and when she can't. But.

She also knows that dead is dead. We hunt. We fish. She has no fear of guns. She knows how they work.

The people who fear guns, are the people I fear.

Murph.

i know. shocking' date=' huh? its just the way we do things. its not for everyone and thats fine. i most certainly respect bluemoon for giving his up since he wasnt using it for protection and he felt it was a greater risk to his family to have it in his home. now THAT is a responsible gun owner. [/quote']

Sorry your post got in just as mine that was for Gitfidl.

i know. shocking' date=' huh? its just the way we do things. its not for everyone and thats fine. i most certainly respect bluemoon for giving his up since he wasnt using it for protection and he felt it was a greater risk to his family to have it in his home. now THAT is a responsible gun owner. [/quote']

Not shocking, at all...IMHO. Midwestern folks, and/or "Country" folks, are used to "guns!" They're

not "kill crazy" nut cases, at all. They hunt, do sport shooting (clay pigeons, etc.), fixed target shooting,

and they do kill "vermin," now and then, as needed/required, for safety etc. If we didn't have to constantly

(try to) defend the responsible use of firearms, to those who just "don't get it," we'd never bring it up,

except in a conversational mode, with like minded individuals, like we do here, about our guitars!

Besides, it's been said over and over, but some still don't get it..."Guns don't kill people...PEOPLE kill

people!" And, if you're one of those folks, you'll just find another way to do your violence.

Peace! ;>)

CB

hello my friend...

I speak for me' date=' and all those I drink with in my local pub :- and my family- and my answer is not a tall.

I sit at night reading, playing guitar and thinking about things that turn my mind inside out like theology and political debates.

I am not being deliberately cocky and attempting to be oppositional for the sake of it, but I know of no one in my area who worries about this.

If something happens it happens. Why waste life worrying?

If England suddenly got all paranoid and normal people armed then all the criminals would arm in garden variety criminal activities.

Let me use an analogy to explain. It is a rock concert and some people get worried because they cannot see so they stand on tip toes. The people behind then stand on tip toes and the people behind then do too. Before you know it the whole audience is on tip toes and no one can see anything more than if they stood normally...

why bother in the first place?

Matt

[/quote']

Our different takes on this are similiar to the answer, "Which came first the chicken or the egg." Part of the reason to protect one's self is that the criminals are armed. Your argument is that the criminals arm themselves because the law abiding citizens are arming.

The stats say different. When the law abiding citizenry of whatever country are dis-armed the lawless are still armed and are less deterred from committing crimes against another person. The government has made it easier. They know that the odds of a gun being on the other side of that door, coat, whatever, are slim as the government has confiscated all the legal weapons and Joe Lawabider is an easy mark. Conversely, when the citizenry are allowed, and in some communities in this country, required to own a hand-gun, the lawless are deterred from breaching someone's safe zone as the chances the Joe and Jane Lawabider is armed is greater... or in some communities definite.

The sad thing is, the 1st amendment helps protect the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment protects the first. Together they protect the rest of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Sadly, there are those, protected by the 1st amendment (freedom of speech) who use that right to tear down the 2nd. When the 2nd goes, the 1st is not far behind. Then we, the citizens of the US, will be an oppressed people. If the US falls, all democracy falls... world wide.

The sad thing is' date=' the 1st amendment helps protect the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment protects the first. Together they protect the rest of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Sadly, there are those, protected by the 1st amendment (freedom of speech) who use that right to tear down the 2nd. When the 2nd goes, the 1st is not far behind. Then we, the citizens of the US, will be an oppressed people. If the US falls, all democracy falls... world wide.

[/quote']

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

They did? Then how come every right winger on here has been showing off -- or boasting about -- his "assault weapon(s)" since I started on this forum. Geeez' date=' it's like some cult -- some of them consider Waco and Ruby Ridge shrines.

The terrorists that we need to worry most about are right here in this country arming up for some friggin fearful reason, only known to them.

[/quote']

It was called the Jim Brady Law.

I for one do NOT consider Waco nor Ruby Ridge shrines. They are monuments to stupidity.

I will not be called a terrorist in my own country. As a member of my state's militia (being an armed a citizen of the state is all that is required) I see it as my duty to understand the proper and safe operation of fire arms. I don't need an arsenal. Should that dark day come when the real terrorists come to take MY freedoms and YOURS as well (those granted by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights... all or any of them), I or others like me will be at your front door protecting it, while you hide within, because that is all you will be able to do. Not because I like or respect you, (because I really don't know you), but because it is the right thing to do.

I appreciate firearms too -- have a few fine six shooters. But I don't appreciate those made primarily to kill people' date=' intimidate people, or play to their insecurities (and, in some cases, perversions).

[/quote']

And what, pray tell, are those 6 shooters 'primarily' designed for?

Long guns are more practical and accurate for harvesting game.

in real life

Duh....

I love your dog.

We have an 80 pound Shar Pei that is, like 8 months old. We have many $ in this big lover. He is the bomb, and might bite yer a$$.

Best to ya.

Murph.

Archived