Gibson Brands Forums

NPFD

Sgt. Pepper

This is at the house waiting for me to open it. When it got released it was over $100. Got it for $46. It has the 2018 remix of the LP, a CD, a Blue Ray, and a DVD. The Blue Ray, and DVD are a bit of overkill. One or the other is enough. Maybe I'll give the DVD to my buddy.  The BR and DVD have the original mix, and the new mix, and 5.1 SS. If you buy just the vinyl is $30, what's $14 more for a CD, BR and DVD. Tomorrow  the deluxe CD's of UFO - No Heavy Petting and Force It are supposed to show up. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49SSN9H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

This is at the house waiting for me to open it. When it got released it was over $100. Got it for $46. It has the 2018 remix of the LP, a CD, a Blue Ray, and a DVD. The Blue Ray, and DVD are a bit of overkill. One or the other is enough. Maybe I'll give the DVD to my buddy.  The BR and DVD have the original mix, and the new mix, and 5.1 SS. If you buy just the vinyl is $30, what's $14 more for a CD, BR and DVD. Tomorrow  the deluxe CD's of UFO - No Heavy Petting and Force It are supposed to show up. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49SSN9H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

And I must be clear;

Wherever I was in my life and all my travels, Pink Floyd wasn't a part of my landscape.
I knew of them, of course.
But I never owned any of their albums.
I only know what I heard on AOR radio, and at friend's houses.

Over the years, I have probably played more Pink Floyd songs on stage than most working musicians.
You can't get by playing old people's high school reunions if you can't crank out Brick In The Wall, Comfortably Numb, Mother, and Wish You Were Here on a moment's notice.

But at no time did I ever have fond memories of hearing those songs when I was younger, and when the records were first out there.
I was somewhere else, listening to something else, I guess.

Kind of like Zappa.
I appreciate the man and his music and originality.

But at no time in my life was he ever in the center of my musical fixation.

I'm gonna shut up now.

😗

8 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

And I must be clear;

Wherever I was in my life and all my travels, Pink Floyd wasn't a part of my landscape.
I knew of them, of course.
But I never owned any of their albums.
I only know what I heard on AOR radio, and at friend's houses.

Over the years, I have probably played more Pink Floyd songs on stage than most working musicians.
You can't get by playing old people's high school reunions if you can't crank out Brick In The Wall, Comfortably Numb, Mother, and Wish You Were Here on a moment's notice.

But at no time did I ever have fond memories of hearing those songs when I was younger, and when the records were first out there.
I was somewhere else, listening to something else, I guess.

Kind of like Zappa.
I appreciate the man and his music and originality.

But at no time in my life was he ever in the center of my musical fixation.

I'm gonna shut up now.

😗

Same here.  Time, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, Have A Cigar, they are the ones we've always had in the sets and I've always enjoyed them.  I've never owned one of their records.  My mother saw Dark Side at Philly Spectrum.

Not at all like Zappa for me.  Never liked that stuff, still don't.

rct

• Like 1

Zappa and Floyd. You get them or you don't. I get not liking Zappa. His music is not always an easy listen . Then there is,  Frank who I think was a Democrat (cause he was always making fun of Republican's) and they are the accepting party of all peoples weirdness's, he would take aim and make fun of anyone or thing he chose. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Enjoy that Sarge.

Its prompted me & I'm listening to it right now. 

The new (2018) remix is like listening to the Giles Martin Beatles remixes. Its not remastered its remixed. You hear stuff that was never or not that audible. The easiest place to hear it is when Rog sings "Radiate Cold Shafts Of Broken Glass" and then you hear the sound effect of the glass breaking, its totally different. Some of Gilmour's guitar sounds are different. Pigs On The Wing is different. Less reverb maybe? All in all for $46 buck I highly recommend getting it, if you like Animals or Floyd. Animals is my #1 Floyd album.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 hours ago, rct said:

Same here.  Time, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, Have A Cigar, they are the ones we've always had in the sets and I've always enjoyed them.  I've never owned one of their records.  My mother saw Dark Side at Philly Spectrum.

Not at all like Zappa for me.  Never liked that stuff, still don't.

rct

Did your mom smoke some Pink Floyd at the show? Never saw Floyd. By the time I was old enough for me it was the David Gilmour show. Basically David doing albums under the name with Richard and Nick minus Rog. I've seen both Rog and Dave on solo tours.

This always made me laugh. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Did your mom smoke some Pink Floyd at the show? Never saw Floyd. By the time I was old enough for me it was the David Gilmour show. Basically David doing albums under the name with Richard and Nick minus Rog. I've seen both Rog and Dave on solo tours.

This always made me laugh. 

I remember that at 1st  broadcast. Even funnier than I thought. Didn't remember the Smash aliens. I'm sure that's what they were going for. You might not have seen this in US then

Edited by merciful-evans

36 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

I remember that at 1st  broadcast. Even funnier than I thought. Didn't remember the Smash aliens. I'm sure that's what they were going for. You might not have seen this in US then

I still have my Young Ones DVD's and Bottom too. Filthy, Rich, and Catflap was a huge disappointment.

When Neil goes the moon its hysterical. We watched it on MTV over here.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper