Gibson Brands Forums

Silent Hill (game, not movie)

Thundergod

Does any of you like it? I love it' date=' I can't stop playing it durinng the weekend... I'm currently playing "Origins" and will probably move to "homecoming" this saturday... I think it's the best game series ever made.[/quote']

What you playing it on Thunder? PC?

Too much into Total War at the moment!

Flight959

What you playing it on Thunder? PC?

Too much into Total War at the moment!

Flight959

PS2... but I think most of the saga is available for PC to.

The Mick' date=' its a horror game, you play it in the first person, it's got some very disturbing moments, and great (and disturbing) characters, there are all kinds of freaky monsters following you around and waiting at every corner, my favorites are those freaky nurses and of course Mr Pyramid head (crazy guy with a crazy huge knife that will brutalize anything in sight, no matter if its friend or foe).

I leave you some screenshots

[img']http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/alexmm/pyramid_head_movie_small.jpg[/img]

silent-hill-20051102012217756-000.jpg

silent-hill-3-45745.228616.jpg

silent_hill_4_the_room_2.jpg

sh4_11.jpg

921302.jpg

Thundergod, I liked the *idea* of the game and I really wanted to play it when the first one came out, but I cannot do 1st person shooters at all. It literally makes me nauseous! I watched Homz play it for a while and that was disturbing enough for me. Wish I had the inner ear to play it for myself.

Yes, I have both for PS2... the room is available for PC too and I think origins should be too (I remember reading somewhere that it was going to be released for pc) but of course playing it on ps2 is better

Wicked1 it is not a shooter 1st person game... you have to plan, scheme, and solve some twisted f/cked up puzzles...

(It does make me a little dizzy after playing for a while tho... )

Yes' date=' I have both for PS2... the room is available for PC too and I think origins should be too (I remember reading somewhere that it was going to be released for pc) but of course playing it on ps2 is better

Wicked1 it is not a shooter 1st person game... you have to plan, scheme, and solve some twisted f/cked up puzzles...

(It does make me a little dizzy after playing for a while tho... )[/quote']

Yeah, Homz and I were just discussing that. He said the perspective switches. Still--I prefer that "god" view like in "Resident Evil" (which I loved). I got so disoriented and woozy during the first Silent Hill that I couldn't get out of the street and into a building.

How pitiful am I..........? LOL

In the room and origins the perspective is "god" ... no first person (I think I said first person before but I didnt know how to explain).

Any of you guys like "Age of Mythology" and such games? I love Age of Mythology", specially the "The Titans" expansion...

In the room and origins the perspective is "god" ... no first person (I think I said first person before but I didnt know how to explain).

Any of you guys like "Age of Mythology" and such games? I love Age of Mythology"' date=' specially the "The Titans" expansion...[/quote']

Well, now, I might be able to handle that! Though, before the little man came along, I would stay up all night playing Resident Evil until Homz got home from work cause I was scared to go to bed....hehe Not sure if I could handle the Silent Hill.

Best game series ever...dude ever heard of fallout' date=' elder scrolls, halo, mario, zelda, pokemon? Thundergod i feel like buying you an xbox 360 for that comment.[/quote']

Pokemon, Mario, Zelda??? WTF man!!! Are you serious? What are you... 14? =D>

Left 4 dead on the 360 is a full on zombiefest, play it on hard and you don,t get chance to sniff. We took silent hill origins back because it was crap ,it played and looked like ps2 game ,just more of the same it just didn,t evolve.Did keep all the data on ps3 hardrive just in case we see it cheap sometime.

Archived