Gibson Brands Forums

coolest guitar set up ever

Gibson CS

what guitar through what amp

A guy @ my church, has a vintage 335, and a early 50s fender tweed amp

my neighbor, has a 60s les paul delux, and a jvm 410 combo

but my set up is my fav

but who else out there , what is the best soundng set up youve ever herd ?

Well we know about the guy in your church, and we know about your neighbor,

and we know that your set up is your favorite, what we don't know is, what is your set up?

Mine is my Paul or Tele with light compression through a Fender Twin which is mean as a biatch!

But I also run them through a little twin 8" Celestion loaded CRATE stereo chorus amp that has a very

cool sound when the Celestions start to break up. Just around the house of course.

Well we know about the guy in your church' date=' and we know about your neighbor,

and we know that your set up is your favorite, what we don't know is, what is your set up?

[/quote']

LOL I think it's one of those story problems you used to hate back in school where you would get several pieces of information, some useless info you would discard (such as, "Johnny needs to find the quickest way out of the party because people are getting busted for fake IDs and there's a methlab in the basement" in a distance/speed problem), and then use the useful pieces to deduce the missing piece!

Get this book (with CD) and read about (and hear) all that is --

Guitar Rigs: Classic Guitar and Amp Combinations (Paperback)

by Dave Hunter (Author)

4.5 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews (4 customer reviews)

List Price: $24.95

Price: $16.47

Charlie

I play a les paul standard, with a dimarzio air norton in the neck, and a norton in the bridge

through a custom modded wah (rip justin) boss EQ, tuner,phaser,tremolo,delay, and then i have a jcm 900 2100 and a jcm 800 2210

usually i jut use the standard, through the jcm 900

nothin can compare, once its dialed in, its incredable

My favorite right now is mine (at last! the perfect sound!)

But years ago when i still played live, the other guitar player in the band used a Les Paul Custom through a Marshall JCM900, and a rack mod/delay unit from the 80s that i dont remember the brand or model... he had the best sound at the time, wonder if i would have the same oppinion if i listened to him playing today...

Anyway i think it deppends on your style and the music you play and your skills to get a good sound, my guitar tech for example, can get heavenly sounds even from cheap amps and cheap guitars, i cant... i have spent years and thousands looking fot the perfect sound (not as skilled as he is), and have ended up with 5 amps i dont like hahaha 3 floor processors, some stomps (those i actually use) and some guitars that i dont use at all since buying my gibson.

(i mostly play melodic metal and 80s-90s heavy metal, mainly angra, nightwish, iron maiden and judas priest, my bands material fits between all that), but customers ask me to play lots of styles, from jazz to vallenato hahaha (the only thing im not going to play EVER is "reggeton").

The bands that come to record with their own guitar player, most of the time use a fender showmaster (h/h) through a marshall dsl100 that i dont like much, they say it is a perfect combination (and thats why i still have that fender and that marshall that i dont like or use), metalheads use a peavey valveking with a boss metal zone, very cheap but very good sound for metal, even black metal, the result (from my point of view) is more noise than music with that one, but then again, black metal is meant to be like that hahaha.

As i said i play metal most of the time, but (and i know this setup is kind of weird for that) i am currently using a vox ac300cc2x with some stomps (boss o/d, dist./ delay, chorus, marshall od/dist), and the lp standard faded and a custom with really small frets a friend is selling (left it here so i show it to lcients, but i´m thinking about buying it, is it normal in customs to have small frets?) this setup gives a good sound for whatever you want to play (as noted above) and i love the amp cause i dont have to tweak it much to get a good sound (not a lot of tweaking options in this one).

My own rig is either: my strat through my Pro Jr. into my 70's 4X12 Peavey cab, or my LP DC through the same amp, since I bought the LP my strat has been on vacation [-o<

The best sounding rig I've played through was a 70's Shecter tele through an early 70's Twin, this thing was magical OOPPHH! Of course it was at a church :)

But there are SOOOO many rigs that are "heavenly" out there its hard to quantify.

Archived