Gibson Brands Forums

Made 2 Measure

QOTSA

27 minutes ago, QOTSA said:

Hello guys! I am thinking of buying an M2M les paul. What are your experiences with it, and do you think it's worth it?

Many here have done it and loved the results. There will be a wait time to get it and it will not be cheap.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be worth it for me.  A Standard Les Paul does everything I want it to do - I can go to a music store and buy one today and while some may consider it expensive it would be 1/5th the price of a M2M.  They cost a ton and take about a year to get - I don't have the patience.

"worth it"  is a quintessential Value Judgement.  Depends on how much "Disposable Income" you have compared to all the other things you'd like to spend it on.  Wine, women and  song?   Cars, jewelry,  gold coins ....!    Most are not willing to spend a premium and wait longer, just so they can have a one of a kind guitar.  But, obviously, enough are that it makes the program worth having.   I would think a Limited Run or a Signature Model would hold value longer than a one-off.   But, that's me. 

47 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

So this is different to a custom order?

You get an appointment at Gibson to be measured first?Â đŸ˜‰

Yeah it’s like getting a suit. I usually insist the guys measures my inseam a few times, usually with nothing on but my mesh thong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I have gotten older and rounder, I began thinking about a MTM guitar. However, when I discussed my needs with Gibson, and mentioned the term "cut away", I was told that  "cut away" did not mean "cutting away" a curved out portion of the back of the guitar to accommodate my gut! I probably need to talk to a Doctor about lengthening my arms, which will help me read small print as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1