Gibson Brands Forums

Time to move my 2015 J-45TV

G Man

Great guitar! I've got one of the 2008 TV early / prototype ones and i love it. How would you characterize any changes brought by the slotted  bridge w/ non-slotted pegs? I intended to get this done with mine and the luthier kind of talked me out of it at the time.

I slotted the bridge and used non-slotted pins as much to protect the bridge plate going forward as anything else.  I will say it added some sustain and maybe a more direct attack when compared to the stock pins.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now that Sal has sold his, this one is still available if anyone is in the market.  A great guitar, but I also have a 1953 J50 and just bought a 2020  Les Paul Standard 50s that will ultimately need to be paid for.

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/msg/d/northampton-2015-gibson-j45-true-vintage/7699949598.html

Edited by G Man

I was shocked at the lack of demand for my TV. It was on Reverb and Denver Craigslist for 2 weeks @ $3000. Nothing, not even a message. Not at all about the guitar, it's that demand has dried up.

Great market though for the few buyers around.

On 1/31/2024 at 2:19 PM, G Man said:

Now that Sal has sold his, this one is still available if anyone is in the market.  A great guitar, but I also have a 1953 J50 and just bought a 2020  Les Paul Standard 50s that will ultimately need to be paid for.

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/msg/d/northampton-2015-gibson-j45-true-vintage/7699949598.html

I hear ya, I've had it posted on CL for a month or so and just a few low ball offers.  Definitely a buyer's market right now.  Fortunately, I still thoroughly enjoy playing this guitar, so if it stays in my herd, that's okay too.