Gibson Brands Forums

Chuck Barris and the Gong Show

Californiaman

Elfman's one of those musical genius guys.

Didn't he do the music score for the first Batman Movie?

Yeah, and The Simpsons and countless other High Profile Projects. He was the Singing Voice in Nightmare Before Christmas and Scored the movie, of course. He's great with Incidental Music, but my favorite stuff was Oingo Boingo. Dark and Poppy at the same time. Very different stuff, and Steve Bartek is one Underrated Guitar Player.

Yeah' date=' and The Simpsons and countless other High Profile Projects. He was the Singing Voice in Nightmare Before Christmas and Scored the movie, of course. He's great with Incidental Music, but my favorite stuff was Oingo Boingo. Dark and Poppy at the same time. Very different stuff, and Steve Bartek is one Underrated Guitar Player.[/quote']

Yeah, I agree with you about Steve Bartek. I love listening to Boingo. I grew up in So. Cal so you know I was exposed to them quite a bit. I regret never seeing them in concert though. Their annual Halloween Show was always a big thing.

I was just a kid' date=' but i remeber this and the Muppet Show were my favorites.

I can't believe that Oingo Blongo, they needed Danny Elfman's Musical Direction. The Horns were impressive.[/quote']

I was just doing my impersonation of Beaker at work the other night! I LOVED the Muppets!

This growing trend towards classic black & white movie star avatars is making me wonder if you lack the depth that color brings to all good pictures. That or you lack sufficient cones in your retina's to know your posting non color pics.

Yeah' date=' I agree with you about Steve Bartek. I love listening to Boingo. I grew up in So. Cal so you know I was exposed to them quite a bit. I regret never seeing them in concert though. Their annual Halloween Show was always a big thing.

[/quote']

Steve really shines on Nothing to Fear (the whole album). We should have seen them when we had the chance :-#

This growing trend towards classic black & white movie star avatars is making me wonder if you lack the depth that color brings to all good pictures. That or you lack sufficient cones in your retina's to know your posting non color pics.

Nothing says old movie like Black and White.

See Holmz' date=' color's cool, but it just doesn't jump out like a Black and White.[/quote']

Yeah, but I like that faded Tecno-color from the 60's and early 70's. That's my time. Not the B/W from the 50's and before.

Yeah' date=' but I like that faded Tecno-color from the 60's and early 70's. That's my time. Not the B/W from the 50's and before.

[/quote']

Well, I'll leave Clouseau up for a day. Or actually, in honor of The Gong Show......

Archived