Gibson Brands Forums

Got tickets.

Retired

We weren't going to go at first. The Eagles farewell Tour.  Tickets at first were between  $500.00 to $1,500.00. Then when they actually went on sale, today, the wife waited in line of 2,000 people to see the price there. She bought them. 2 tickets for $145.00 a piece. So this is our last time seeing them in February next year. We went to 3 concerts of there's and all three were great. She wasn't going to go at first because of Glen Fry being dead. But I told her they will have someone outstanding to take his place.  Were considering this to be our 44th Wedding Anniversary present to each other. Our 44th Anniversary is this coming Friday so the concert will just be later on. No big deal. 

• Like 2

Glenn’s son Deacon is playing with them.. It’s a little spooky because he looks like his Dad in his 20’s & sounds somewhat like him..

If prices are reasonable when they’re in our area I’ll go.. I’ve seen them a half dozen times since the 70’s.. Always excellent!

This is Thread is posted twice.

Edited by Larsongs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Glenn’s son Deacon is playing with them.. It’s a little spooky because he looks like his Dad in his 20’s & sounds somewhat like him..

If prices are reasonable when they’re in our area I’ll go.. I’ve seen them a half dozen times since the 70’s.. Always excellent!

I'm not so great with computers. Don't know how that happened posting it twice? Thought I just post once? 

6 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Then that's better yet.  I will mention that to Deb. 

14 minutes ago, Murph said:

That's out of sight, man.

You should be bashing them like Skynyrd. Eagles have only Henley left that's an original member. And those guys were so smart and arrogant they booted Don Felder. Probably the most accomplished musician that band ever had.

I thought Glenn's son was doing it on the last tour then said he was done with it.

My mother in law saw them on the last tour. They played the entire Hotel California album for the first set.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You should be bashing them like Skynyrd. Eagles have only Henley left that's an original member. 

I thought Glenn's son was doing it on the last tour then said he was done with it.

My mother in law saw them a few years back. They played the entire Hotel California album for the first set.

And Steely Dan is the warm up band. I'm looking forward to this one. 

2 minutes ago, Retired said:

And Steely Dan is the warm up band. I'm looking forward to this one. 

I thought Dan aka Donald Fagan backed out and its the Doobie Bros ?

I saw Dan when Walter was alive. They were beyond good.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Murph said:

I'd leave them both...

I'll have to since I don't know how to delete the other post? Sorry, Don't know how that happened?  I've mentioned to my wife many times that before I die, I'm taking my computer & cell phone to the Bullet Hole range and using both as targets. I get so frustrated with them. 

1 minute ago, Retired said:

I'll have to since I don't know how to delete the other post? Sorry, Don't know how that happened?  I've mentioned to my wife many times that before I die, I'm taking my computer & cell phone to the Bullet Hole range and using both as targets. I get so frustrated with them. 

Go to the edit button like you would a post, and you since you are the OP should be the one able to delete it.

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I thought Dan aka Donald Fagan backed out and its the Doobie Bros ?

I saw Dan when Walter was alive. They were beyond good.

I'm just going by what I heard. Deb looked it up and said at least in Omaha, that Steely Dan was the warm up band. 

Who is the opening act for the Eagles 2023?
The Doobie Brothers
The Doobie Brothers will now serve as opening act for the Eagles concert at Rupp Arena on Tuesday, November 14. Steely Dan was originally scheduled as the opener but had to back out as lead singer Donald Fagen continues to recover from a recent illness.

Maybe he is better now?
Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Murph said:

An old man's wife bought them tickets for their 44th anniversary and they're going to a concert together.

WTF is wrong with you?

Not bashing Retired. 

Bashing the Eagles. You went off on Skynyrd, and not just once several times, and this is no different. Your getting soft in your old age.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:
The Doobie Brothers
The Doobie Brothers will now serve as opening act for the Eagles concert at Rupp Arena on Tuesday, November 14. Steely Dan was originally scheduled as the opener but had to back out as lead singer Donald Fagen continues to recover from a recent illness.

Maybe he is better now?

Oh? I didn't know that. Well this one is Feb 10 next year and if Doobie Brothers do it thats great as we love them. We both saw them a few times.  Sgt. I'm going to follow Murf;s advice and leave the other post on. Knowing me I'd delete the top post and not the bottom one.  I did go in like making a new post and saw no delete button. Not in either post. I am the worst on computers. Doubt anyone is worse than me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:
The Doobie Brothers

Maybe he is better now?

No clue Sgt?  I just looked on my cell  and it said; Don Henley- Joe Walsh- Timothy B Schmit- Vince Gill & Deacon Frey Are playing at Chi Health Center Feb. 10.  And Steely Dan as the warm up band. So no way doughting anyone but that was planned and still is I guess? Who knows since over 7 weeks still remains? Plus anything can still happen before then. Everyone is getting up there.