Gibson Brands Forums

So I have a terrible idea, which is a great place to start.

23 hours ago, jdgm said:

Sorry for delay in replying.

This was extracted from a cassette which was probably copied from a DAT.   So exact BPM...no but I may try putting it in one of my pgms to work that out.  I am certain the time will be drifting a little bit anyway.

If it wasn't recorded to a Click Track it will most likely drift.. Did you record a 4 count at the beginning you can provide so anybody playing along knows when to start playing? That would be helpful if provided with or without a Click Track...

14 hours ago, Retired said:

My wife saw a guy behind her on the road that was driving and had 2 drum sticks beating on the steering wheel. We thought, Oh My.  Sorry, didn't get his license. Lol.

He was responding to the ad

Wanted. Drummer. Must be mobile

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 1:22 PM, merciful-evans said:

He was responding to the ad

Lol, I tried to turn around and look at him but couldn't with the seat belt on. She said he was sitting at the light going to town with two actual drum sticks on the steering wheel.  When the light changed he kept playing as he drove for awhile.  Probably when he finished his song? Haha.

9 hours ago, Retired said:

Lol, I tried to turn around and look at him but couldn't with the seat belt on. She said he was sitting at the light going to town with two actual drum sticks on the steering wheel.  When the light changed he kept playing as he drove for awhile.  Probably when he finished his song? Haha.

I'll bet he was forbidden to practice at home. 

Its hard to respond to anything about drummers without making a joke..

My favourite drummer joke:

The drummer is sick and tired all all the jibes, the p1sstakes, the constant bombardment of jokes at his expense. The suggestion that he is not an equal musician, is mentally dull and is deserving of derision. 

The day after a particularly bitter experience at band practice, he decides he's had enough. He's going to be a guitarist. He heads to the store and tells the assistant "ok then, I want a Marshall 100w stack, a USA Stratocaster, populated pedalboard, and a pick.

The assistant eyes him up and down & says "You're a drummer aren't  you ?"

"ok, ok, so what gave me away ?"

"You're in a burger bar"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I'll bet he was forbidden to practice at home. 

Its hard to respond to anything about drummers without making a joke..

My favourite drummer joke:

The drummer is sick and tired all all the jibes, the p1sstakes, the constant bombardment of jokes at his expense. The suggestion that he is not an equal musician, is mentally dull and is deserving of derision. 

The day after a particularly bitter experience at band practice, he decides he's had enough. He's going to be a guitarist. He heads to the store and tells the assistant "ok then, I want a Marshall 100w stack, a USA Stratocaster, populated pedalboard, and a pick.

The assistant eyes him up and down & says "You're a drummer aren't  you ?"

"ok, ok, so what gave me away ?"

"You're in a burger bar"

Funny, I hate to admit it but way back decades ago, I drove up to a fast food window  and ordered Kentucky fried chicken. They said we don't have any. I looked up at the sign and was at the burger joint next to it. I was so embarrassed. 

• Haha 1