Gibson Brands Forums

Where can i find *Pretty* sheet music?

pumpkin

i know, i know, whats the point in sheet music that is just *pretty*? well, i need some for a fancy new music stand i just bought.

i dont care what it is, just a couple sheets that look nice... maybe antique looking. have you seen any anywhere?

IMG_36053.jpg

LOL

Ok

Oh wow' date='thats a very good question.I'm sure there has to be someplace.lets all look around[/quote']

YAY! i KNEW yall could help me!

seriously though, i started searching and found antique looking sheet music to a song my daughter knows! Greensleeves/What Child is This

thanks for pointing me in the right direction yall.

It looks like the guys have got ya covered, but I was just going to say I know that in the past I have had piano sheet music that was actually printed on ivory/yellowish paper similar to parchment paper.

Now that I think about it...you can buy that at an office supply store and you can buy and print whatever song you want. I use Freehand Music when I want something fast and the price is the same as if I bought a single sheet in a store.

http://www.freehandmusic.com

It looks like the guys have got ya covered' date=' but I was just going to say I know that in the past I have had piano sheet music that was actually printed on ivory/yellowish paper similar to parchment paper.

Now that I think about it...you can buy that at an office supply store and you can buy and print whatever song you want. I use Freehand Music when I want something fast and the price is the same as if I bought a single sheet in a store.

http://www.freehandmusic.com[/quote']

great link... thanks!

OMG! you are AMAZING! i LOVE you! thank you sooooooo much!

LOL

Thats best I could do.I searched some more but nothing to fancy comes up in the searching.Seems todays musicians prefer all that digital electronic sheet music or plain books/sheets.

You could however,if your little crafty,get some lace at craft store and doctor up your own sheet music to your liking.there are also tips online to discolor or make paper appear old.Just an idea.Nice stand you have there.Mine is just black,plain and square looking.

LOL

Thats best I could do.I searched some more but nothing to fancy comes up in the searching.Seems todays musicians prefer all that digital electronic sheet music or plain books/sheets.

You could however' date='if your little crafty,get some lace at craft store and doctor up your own sheet music to your liking.there are also tips online to discolor or make paper appear old.Just an idea.Nice stand you have there.Mine is just black,plain and square looking.[/quote']

Randy, Who knew that you were so into antiquing paper? You sir, are a renaissance man!

Great stand Pumpkin sheet music from the 20's and thirties has the decorative covers and aged look your likely after. My wife and I did a 1/2 bath in our last house with old original sheet music like that. I hated leaving the ouse for several reasons and that was one of them lood luck and happy hunting.

Something like this or even this?

DJ

--

oh wow... thats even better than the cream colored papers!

Great stand Pumpkin sheet music from the 20's and thirties has the decorative covers and aged look your likely after. My wife and I did a 1/2 bath in our last house with old original sheet music like that. I hated leaving the ouse for several reasons and that was one of them lood luck and happy hunting.

thank you! i LOVED it, had to have it & its original price was $140, got it for $16 bucks! woooohoooo! i bet that bath looked really neat.

Randy' date=' Who knew that you were so into antiquing paper? You sir, are a renaissance man![/quote']

I wear many a hats.

Actually I don't know how,but know it can be done.I've seen it done b4.

Maybe Martha Stewart show wife had on,who knows,but I've sen it.

Go out on FLEabay. The days of beautiful artwork on the covers of sheet music are gone. There are those who collect them. But, like guys like me who collect old Kodak cameras, they're pretty to look at, but 'tain't worth much. You could probably buy a hunnert pieces of vintage sheet music for a buck....plus S&H. Take what you want, then offer the rest for sale again... for a buck and S&H.

Most collectors are very tunnel vision about what sheet music they collect. Usually a genre, artist or historic event. I know a guy who collects WWI sheet music and only WWI sheet music, especially if it has war scenes on the front. "Looky there it's a Lewis Gun... not the late one, but the early one."

I work for a non-profit organization that got a donation of a LOT of sheet music for the purpose of selling. Unless it's got a famous artist's face on it' it, quite literally aint' worth the paper it's printed on.

Pitty... 50 years from now our kids will be bemoaning the beautiful sheet music art that was lost to history.

Probably will happen with LP covers and sleeve art.

Archived