Gibson Brands Forums

Online Gibson Gear Store

geelinus

So I cruised over there because I've been thinking with all the Gibsons I have, I really should have a Gibsson T-Shirt or something. So I found this (somewhat) cool Nashville Country T-Shirt. It's got a banjo on it, but it's Gibson, it says "Nashville" and "Country" and I like all that. So I add it to my cart and think "that's cool, $77.99 for a T-Shirt" before I did a double take and thought "holy sheet! $77.99 for a f'in T-Shirt??!!" WTH? They sure are proud of those. I may have to find a Gibson T-Shirt on eBay. They got enough of my money on the 7 guitars.

You can get any of your choice of Fender t-shirts for less than $20... I have several. You can buy Martin, Gretsch, Taylor, Marshall, and any number of the other companies for under $20.

Gibsons cost $80 and you can't get any Epiphone stuff to save your life.

Far as I'm concerned, if Gibson or anybody else wanted me to be a walking advertisement for their products, they'd have to give me the guitar *and* the t-shirt, otherwise it's no-go. =D>

Seriously though, with the exception of the local donut shop, I don't wear clothes with anybody's logo on 'em. I don't like the idea of paying to promote somebody's company.

What is strange is that the nicer button front shirts aren't much more than the T's....that can't be right. But the T's are advertised as "richest-feeling 100% washed dense cotton". They must be custom shop models....

They have appliques and sequins and such. That's why they're so expensive. Around here, there are whole shops devoted to the sales of T shirts embellished way, with $100 and more price tags. The uppercrust department stores all sell 'em, too.

Not my taste. I'd prefer just a plain T with simple, silk-screened logo or image.

Hey Gibson, we spent all our money on our guitar! And we're worried those sequins will scratch it! Cut us a break and offer a T-Shirt we can afford.

Red 333

You guys are all complaining about the shirts, but look at the watches. Those seem pretty legit, and reasonably priced for a watch. I dont really know anything about jewelry so I couldn't say anything about pricing there. And 40 bucks for a pen isn't alot for a really nice pen, which those look like.

So just by seein the rest of the stuff they have, it seems to me like they're not trying to sell $20 souvenirs, that you could buy off a street corner, but really high quality stuff. Which makes sense if you think about the guitars. Maybe they should make epiphone shirts for 20 bucks... LoL

Now i'm not sayin i'm in love with those shirts at all...(altho the black mechanic one doesnt look too bad), but price is all relative. People pay 20 bucks for a fender shirt, because it's a piece of crap, but people pay $150 easy for a nice designer shirt. Now I havn't seen these in person so I dont know for sure. But it seems to me like thats where they're going. A lot of people will pay 100bucks for a fashion tee.

Archived