Gibson Brands Forums

where do you want to go on vacation???

Theres a series of reefs off Watch Hill Lighthouse (Rhode Island) about 1/2 mile offshore. One in particular called "Catumb Rocks" is a really good spot for some rather large Striped Bass, caught utilising a live eel on what I call a "Balloon Rig", which is drifted into the rip in front of those rocks on an outgoing tide. On a good day,once it hits that rip, you can count to 10, and be saying "FISH ON!!!!". Thats what I like to do to relax.

I like cruises for the most bang for the buck; the only down side is that there's a little more scheduling than I care for. Ideally, I'd like to go to one of those resorts like Sandals where all meals and drinks are included but they're a little pricey. Basically, I like to go somewhere warm and hang loose for a week yet there is still lots of options for entertainment without having to rent a car or take a bus just to have dinner or go to the beach or catch a show or whatever.

Depends of the amount of time I get to stay away from here... if it's for more than a week I preffer to travel outside this hellhole, if it's only a week, I like to go to the mountains (6-8 hour drive)... if it's only a weekend I'd stay at home, do some woodwork and stuff, or go to the beach (35-45 minute drive).

I like cruises for the most bang for the buck; the only down side is that there's a little more scheduling than I care for. Ideally' date=' I'd like to go to one of those resorts like Sandals where all meals and drinks are included but they're a little pricey. Basically, I like to go somewhere warm and hang loose for a week yet there is still lots of options for entertainment without having to rent a car or take a bus just to have dinner or go to the beach or catch a show or whatever.

[/quote']

There are some killer deals at Sandals now...I highly recommend Sandals St. Lucia and Sandals Montego Bay...I'm just sayin'...

http://www.sandals.com/promos/hot-sale/

Archived