Gibson Brands Forums

Impatient With Page

heymisterk

The old bands tour for one reason........$$$$$$$$!

Its no secret that the Stones all hate each other. So why tour??

Its amazing how tolerant the can be when they stand to make nine figures for a tour.

They have become what in the beginning they were dead against.....fat cats.

The Rolling Stones don't NEED money! LOL! They're all "rolling in it," just ask their divorce attorneys!

Well, on second thought, maybe they DO? ;>)

"Rock & Roll," really...was ALWAYS a "young person's" music. And, it probably always will be. As to whether

or not "older" folks should be on stage, doing that, anymore...I think really depends on who it is, and how well

they're doing it. Macca seems pretty capable, still! And, he still makes decent music, aside from all his old "hits,"

Beatles or not. It's different, but still good/great even. So..why not?! EC does a good job, as well...and he

certainly doesn't have to...he just loves what he does! And, as long as they do...Go for it!! The Allman Brothers,

and others, as well....

People that don't care for it, don't have to attend, or buy the CD's.

CB

I'm just guessing, but I always figured a lot of bands keep touring because that's where they live. It's like a retiree that can't sit in his house so he goes back to work, back to his comfortable routine. Jimmy Page and John Paul are comfortable in their houses and Pobert plant is more comfortable in a tour bus.

I did enjoy some of Plants music after Zep' date=' in another band we did "Long Cool One, and my fav was Big Log". I love the guitar tone in that song.[/quote']

I like Long Cool One too, but Homz ain't a fan so we don't do it.

Saw Plant on a PBS special about 3 years ago and he did a re-worked version of "Kashmir" that was...interesting.

Outrider

....Page is notorious for avoiding media, he has been married forever and settled into the lifestyle of affluent slacking.

I don't blame him a bit, I'm sure I would do the exact same thing.

+1 ...But I would think Page has been doing some home recording. Hopefully that will be released somtime, Man..I cant get enough of Page's Guitar!

Let's be clear: I do NOT want a Zep reunion. I think Plant has been really smart about that. I just think it would be cool for Page to release some sort of music. Maybe he could find his version of Alison Krauss to collaborate with. Maybe he could do an instrumental album. Perhaps I'm just being selfish - I'll own that - for wanting more from the guy. If he's still open to doing another Zep tour - as he says he is - then certainly he has enough energy to make some new music.

The Rolling Stones don't NEED money! LOL! They're all "rolling in it," just ask their divorce attorneys!

Well, on second though, maybe they DO? ;>)

Taxes are very high in the UK. They keep having to top up the bank account.

Archived