Gibson Brands Forums

Is the 339 discontinued?

maller

Sorry. New to Gibson's, so it may be a common answer. I can't find the 339 on the Gibson site as an available product. There are some articles about it, but when I click over to the 339 in the product section, it takes me over to the 359, which appears to be an upgraded 339. Did the 359 actually replace the 339?

If so, why? I can understand a new model coming out, but it seems like the 339 was pretty popular. And, the 359 is approx $1k more than a 339 (at Guitar Center).

Thanks.

hello Gibson people....

are u listening, cause the new website is not user friendly NOR is it up to date

people think it sucks :-)

guitars are great but the website is like a cheap Fender LOL

Last year's Gibson website was so much better than the new website. I don't bother anymore to read the current website whereas last year I used to read it every couple of weeks or so.

Yes, they should fix the site. It has a product section. That product section has an ES section. But, that section has no ES-339. But, it's still being produced. Makes me wonder if there are other current models that are missing.

I think the 339 is not with the other ES series because it's not for sale at all dealers. Special models for a specific dealer (like the Musician's Friend/Guitar Center/Music 123 group, or Fuller's Vintage, etc.) are not on the site.

Red 333

I think the 339 is not with the other ES series because it's not for sale at all dealers. Special models for a specific dealer (like the Musician's Friend/Guitar Center/Music 123 group' date=' or Fuller's Vintage, etc.) are not on the site.

Red 333

[/quote']

Red 333 - that's an interesting comment. Is the ES-339 a model just made for certain dealers? I'd be less interested in a guitar made specifically for Guitar Center. I would think those types of models wouldn't be as good or hold their values as well.

You can use the search box for the 339- it will bring you to a microsite area with a video demo. Gibson rarely responds to emails. I've posted several comments in their instructors/lessons area and have yet to hear back from them. I'm sure they do not understand the value of their customers. They're happier just increasing prices!

You can use the search box for the 339- it will bring you to a microsite area with a video demo. Gibson rarely responds to emails. I've posted several comments in their instructors/lessons area and have yet to hear back from them. I'm sure they do not understand the value of their customers. They're happier just increasing prices!

We think you are pretty much just a 1 post loser. Gibsons are very special.

You are not.

So, if you want a Gibson, save your money and go buy one. Then you'll get it. Unless you can't play guitar. In which case, you never will.

Why are you here?

Hmmmmm?

I think the 339 is not with the other ES series because it's not for sale at all dealers. Special models for a specific dealer (like the Musician's Friend/Guitar Center/Music 123 group' date=' or Fuller's Vintage, etc.) are not on the site.

Red 333

[/quote']

Interesting...I wonder if that's why I can't find the new 330L anywhere on the site?

Nick, posting comments is not the same as sending an email to Gibson. The comments sections in the articles are for the readers to post their opinions and ideas to one another. I don't think Gibson ever replies to those. They seem to reply very quickly when you use the Customer Service email address under the 24/7 tab of the main site (though I don't know if thy would respond specifically to comments about lessons; usually they respond to questions about products).

In the same vein, they don't generally reply to posts in the forums. The forums, like the comments, are for we in the Gibson community to discuss things with one another. If you want to get an answer from Gibson, write an email or call the phone number shown on the 24/7 section.

Red 333

Interesting...I wonder if that's why I can't find the new 330L anywhere on the site?

Exactly. It's available only through the Muscian's Friend/Guitar Center/Music 123 group, as far as I have seen.

Red 333

Red 333 - that's an interesting comment. Is the ES-339 a model just made for certain dealers? I'd be less interested in a guitar made specifically for Guitar Center. I would think those types of models wouldn't be as good or hold their values as well.

I have an ES 339, and it's easily as well-made as my ES 335, and better made than my ES 333. In my experience, Gibson takes as much if not more care with dealer-exclusive models. Besides the ES 339, I have a Fuller's Vintage exclusive acoustic (a J35), and it's flawless, as have been the majority of the other Fuller's-exclusive models I've seen.

I don't know if the ES 339 will hold its value as well as more widely available Gibsons, but I see no reason it would not, except it may not be as well known to the general public. On the other hand, the model might be scarcer, which could help it hold even more value used. Doesn't matter to me; I'm not parting with mine soon.

The ES 339 is also one of Gibson's best, if not thier best value electric guitar right now, to begin with.

Red 333

Red 333

[/quote']

That may well be the reason for the 339 (since it's true that they aren't availabe to all dealers), but why aren't the CS-336 & CS-356 on the site either?

=D>

Archived