Gibson Brands Forums

On Stage Setup

tuckomf

Okay - so here are the rules. Given your existed musical equipment, what would you bring on stage for

A small club - 1 guitar, 1 backup guitar, 2 pedals, 1 amp.

A medium club - 1 guitar, 2 backups, full line of pedals, 2 amps

Large Club - 5 guitars, All Pedals, Any Amps

For me -

Small club - Les Paul VM, Telecaster, Wah, Overdrive, Fender Bassman

Medium - Les Paul VM, Telecaster, Silvertone jazz box, Wah, Overdrive, Big Muff, EHX Worm, Fender Bassman, Bedrock.

Large- VM, Tele, Silvertone, Gibson CL-20, Goodall AKGCC, Amps and pedals as listed above

Small club

Main guitar: Les Paul Custom

Backup: Strat

2 pedals: Analogman King of Tone and Analogman Beano Boost

Amp: Mesa Stiletto Deuce w/ 2x12

Medium club

Main guitar: Les Paul Custom

Backup: Strat

Backup 2: Tele

All pedals: Analogman King of Tone and Analogman Beano Boost, Foxrox Aquavibe, Foxrox Paradox TZF flanger

Large club

Guitars: Les Paul Custom, Strat, SG Jr, Tele

All pedals: Analogman King of Tone and Analogman Beano Boost, Foxrox Aquavibe, Foxrox Paradox TZF flanger

The Mesa is a 100w amp but the master volume works very well so it's fine for even the small places. I have other amps, but that's the one I use with the band and I'd rather be overpowered than have to screw around with getting a sound out of my Blues Jr or whatever.

The number of guitars I listed is overkill for my band; I'd be fine with just the LP and Strat in any situation.

Small Club

One of these:

1994 Gibson SG Standard (Ebony)

2000 Gibson Les Paul Jr Special (Ebony, w/humbuckers)

2006 Gibson SG Special Faded (Brown)

Played through this stuff:

Boss Tu-2> Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer> DOD Preamp 250 Overdrive> Boss Tr-2 Tremolo> MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay> Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress Flanger> Vintage Boss PH-1 Phaser> Boss DD-5 Digital Delay> Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (American)> Boss Ge-7 EQ> Peavey 5150 1/2 Stack.

Medium Club

Same

Large Club

? I guess it would be the same.

Nice thread!

A small club - 1 guitar' date=' 1 backup guitar, 2 pedals, 1 amp.

[/quote']

Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, no backup =D> boss tu2 tuner, marshall echohead for delay, VOX AC30.

A medium club - 1 guitar' date=' 2 backups, full line of pedals, 2 amps

[/quote']

Same as before + fender telecaster for different sounds, specially clean (dont need a backup) :-$ marshall guvnor plus for OD, marshall regenerator, and probably vox wah, maybe the delay would be replaced by the boss dd20 gigadelay, just to be able to have some different presets.

Just the AC30 but with an extension cab.

Large Club - 5 guitars' date=' All Pedals, Any Amps

[/quote']

Same as before + fender strat and gibson lp studio, EH microsynth, probably the metal zone if the situation would require some high gain riffs.

Small Gigs = Pedal Board (PT10Tuner, TS9, 595Q Wah Wah, MXR Distortion+, Ibanez DCF10, MXR m134 Stereo Chorus), Two Fender Stage 112 combos, A Gibson Nighthawk, A Deluxe Players Stratocaster, and a Squier TransStrat w/ Seymore Duncans.

For larger gigs, I'd just mic it.

My 339 into a Tube Screamer into the Mesa.

<<------------------------

Larger clubs are getting to be a problem (loud bassplayer) I'm taking the Prosonic tomorrow night (also) and a stereo pedal and will be fine.

Backup guitar is the '79 SG.

I may buy a Lone Star head before the end of the year. (taxes).

The Carvin Legacy cabs are really a bargain right now, and I could KILL the bass player.

He, heee.....

Murph.

Archived