Gibson Brands Forums

Feast your eyes on my baby...

ninety1vee

Very nice. I love the look of the 'V' - especially the first run - but haven't bought one as I often play sitting down which I find impossible with a 'V'. I know some use a 'Classical' pose in this situation. Perhaps I should give one a go?

I rather suspect Roger meant '58 was when the 'V' made it's debut.

Yeah' date=' that's how I feel about my SG.

Man, now you have me wanting to get a V. Crap.[/quote']

good! haha, if you do decide to get one, look for one from the late 80's to early 90's, damn good quality

(plus you can get em' for a steal if your vigilant)

VVVVVVVVVVery Cool !!

I know you'll love it, V's are hard to beat.

If you for some reason want to build your own stand for it (I couldn't see popping $60 for a stand) here are a cpl. of pics of what I did.

It cost about $15 and 2 hrs. labor.......

If you like it, PM me & i'll shout you the parts list and dimensions.

GarysCam060.jpg

GarysCam059.jpg

Nice lookin' axe there 91vee.

One thing I've always admired about a "V" is their stage presence. When you walk into a club and see a V on stage, you can usually be sure that the player knows his stuff. If they didn't, they wouldn't want to draw that much attention! =D>

I picked up an Epi mini V while I was in Montana last month. It's in great shape, but the tuners are junk, and it's got the lightning bolt stoptail bridge. Both will have to be replaced to make it sound good and hold tune. It's gonna be a back burner kind of project though, because it's basically just a novelty.

It does have a good neck, and the pickup is pretty hot. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Archived